New CBOAT thread, yung!!!! (Nov 8th Xbox1 launch date is a pipe dream!!!)

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was thinking it would be something along those lines if this is true

that's actually pretty fukkin dope and gives you an incentive to buy digital.

The main reason I prefer discs is to recoup some of the costs when I'm done. You can't do that shyt right now digitally.

I don't think the service fee will be cheap though. Maybe 25 percent of the sale price? :patrice:

the main thing they need to do digitally is allow you to download the game so that you can start playing upon release date or at least let you start downloading a day early. If it's still quicker for me to goto a midnight release and get the game than downloading digitally, what's the point? And let's not forget hard drive space. I know Sony is still using notebook hard drives. Will MS allow the same? I doubt SERIOUSLY they allow you to download to an external (Asking for piracy).

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I was going all digital anyway for the instant switching :blessed:

I probably wont be selling anything tho, good for ya'll nikkas

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
that's actually pretty fukkin dope and gives you an incentive to buy digital.

The main reason I prefer discs is to recoup some of the costs when I'm done. You can't do that shyt right now digitally.

I don't think the service fee will be cheap though. Maybe 25 percent of the sale price? :patrice:

the main thing they need to do digitally is allow you to download the game so that you can start playing upon release date or at least let you start downloading a day early. If it's still quicker for me to goto a midnight release and get the game than downloading digitally, what's the point? And let's not forget hard drive space. I know Sony is still using notebook hard drives. Will MS allow the same? I doubt SERIOUSLY they allow you to download to an external (Asking for piracy).
nikka... The cloud. Games will store in the cloud using up NO HDD space on a system when bought digitally.
You clowns keep posting gifs for the cloud, hating at every turn. But are you laughing now bruh bruh :sitdown:
XboxOne_CLOUD_OPTION1_r4t6_mg%20(1).png

Now peep game and let the hating begin son :salute:

http://www.maximumpc.com/microsoft_..._unlimited_cloud_storage_xbox_one_console2013

Comments
Print
xbox_cloud.jpg
More positive PR for the Xbox One

Microsoft kind of stumbled out of the gate when it announced its upcoming Xbox One console. Early excitement over a next generation console was marred by a higher price tag (compared to the PlayStation 4, though the Xbox One ships with a second generation Kinect motion control sensor), uncertainty over its used games policy, and the need to dial home every 24 hours. It took a few policy changes to get its console back on track with John Q. Public, and the latest announcement that it will come with unlimited cloud storage is sure to be a boon, as well.

It gets even better. Not only is Microsoft offering an infinity-capacity hard drive in the sky (compared to the 512MB cap for Xbox 360 users), but you don't need an Xbox Live Gold account to use it.

"Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment. This content is stored and saved in the cloud so you can automatically access it anywhere, anytime, no matter where you are,"
a Microsoft rep said, according to the Examiner
[/URL]
Even if your Silver, you have infinite cloud storage on XB1 :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
nikka... The cloud. Games will store in the cloud using up NO HDD space on a system when bought digitally.
You clowns keep posting gifs for the cloud, hating at every turn. But are you laughing now bruh bruh :sitdown:

Now peep game and let the hating begin son :salute:

http://www.maximumpc.com/microsoft_..._unlimited_cloud_storage_xbox_one_console2013

Even if your Silver, you have infinite cloud storage on XB1 :wow:

Funny how they give you infinite cloud storage on silver, but free streaming apps remain behind the paywall? :what: shyt makes zero sense.

I also don't believe you actually "download" a game to your own space in the cloud. Game is actually already stored on cloud servers already. So if you do goto someone's spot to play a digital download game, you download the game from the cloud server to that person's hard drive to play.

People aren't shytting on the cloud for what it actually truly does, it's MS PR who is overblowing the shyt. It's not gonna magically make graphics better or make the game 600x more powerful or whatever nonsense those marketing clowns were spewing. The dedicated servers of today also help with physics and processing to an extent, but the local hardware always is the main factor. Dedi servers also don't eliminate lag if you got a shytty ISP.

The thing I'm most interested in is the digital marketplace. IF it's like CBoat is describing, it is absolutely a game change as long as you are able to 1) set the price of the digital resell 2) allow you earlier access to download a game (if it's still quicker for me to buy a physical copy than download, it defeats the purpose) and 3)CHEAPER THAN PHYSICAL DISCS.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Funny how they give you infinite cloud storage on silver, but free streaming apps remain behind the paywall? :what: shyt makes zero sense.
What makes ZERO sense is you ONLY thinking from a fanboy perspective. How about you drop the Pom Pom's for once
Who is gonna pay $500 for a console, $60 for a game, taxes, we talking over $600
But then this same person is NOT gonna have XBL to enjoy all the things you crying about? No, $4 a month for XBL is way too much to ask for. But on PSn, its cool to pay that same price and get NONE of the reliability. But at least they get to watch netflix for free so who cares about unlimited storage/dedicated servers/espn/NFL/etc. fukk all that, I get Infamous 2 for free 2yrs after the fact. If that makes sense to you, I truly feel sorry for your kids.... who are probably crying right now :snoop:
I also don't believe you actually "download" a game to your own space in the cloud. Game is actually already stored on cloud servers already. So if you do goto someone's spot to play a digital download game, you download the game from the cloud server to that person's hard drive to play.
Thats cool what you THINK but if you would have read the articles and threads that been posted here for months? You'd have already known what I said. But here you are still going "Uh, I don't know if you can blah blah blah"

Whats sad is this is how you operate. You really don't pay attention to FACTS. You only care what info you hear about that is negative for xbox, positive for ps3/4. You don't even care if the info is real or not, you just like the headlines :mindblown: My mind is blown because I am no joking here. And thats STANNING. Trust me, if XBL was anything like PSn right now I'd be looking at the competition
People aren't shytting on the cloud for what it actually truly does, it's MS PR who is overblowing the shyt. It's not gonna magically make graphics better or make the game 600x more powerful or whatever nonsense those marketing clowns were spewing. The dedicated servers of today also help with physics and processing to an extent, but the local hardware always is the main factor. Dedi servers also don't eliminate lag if you got a shytty ISP.

Look "kid" you cannot say they are overblowing it because you don't care to even know what its capable of doing. You just proved that by saying how you doubt the Cloud can do this/that when it can. Your envious, so the FANBOY lines that get repeated on the internet is how weak it is. How come every single 3cept says this? Are 3cepts trained in how the cloud works, and what its capable of doing, or did one butthurt say it can't. Then it gets repeated by YOU. Which one is the truth Rekkapryde who put money into sony stock supposedly? Maybe this article will shed some light on this cloud you make fun of...

The Potential of Cloud Gaming
Just because you’re not playing doesn’t mean your games have to stop. With Living Games technology and the power of the cloud, game worlds can be persistent. So the things you do in a game will stay that way. Plus your games stay in sync with the real world, which means the latest stats can be automatically fed into your sports games. Advanced AI even allows your friends to play against your shadow when you’re not available. With Xbox One, the game never stops.

I’m really not sure why gamers are having such a hard time wrapping their heads around the potential of cloud gaming.

We already have some excellent examples of what the principle of cloud-server based gaming allows:

These are called MMORPG’s – World of Warcraft being one of the most popular games of all time and for the Ex-WoW players like myself newer games like Guild Wars 2. MMORPG’s have persistent worlds that are constantly running in the cloud.

So how can this technology be translated into improving the single player experience without running into a wall of latency?

• An aging and evolving world that continues down a path you set even when you are not playing.
Imagine an open-world RPG where the world is constantly shifting based on your decisions. Maybe we can stop being so disappointed in these games when our choices don’t have the far reaching consequences we hoped for?

• Cloud rendered and processed AI of staggering volumes that all can operate far out of the scope of the console.
Microsoft showed a tech demo of a rendered solar system where the rendering capability for in-game objects of the console was dwarfed when the AI rendering was off-loaded to the cloud. This AI can be rendered outside of the latency dependent zone that must be sensitive to real-time feedback.

Imagine the staggering amount of action developers can add to a game world by programming things to happen far out of the scope of what you can see rendered on your TV? I personally dislike war games but imagine massive scale warfare ala Planetside 2 but single player where all that player action is really AI action powered by the cloud.

• Graphical prowess that supplements the consoles ability by handling latency insensitive tasks
Remember in the 7th generation of console when people compared Xbox 360 games to PS3 games by complaining about things like Graphic Pop-in, restricted view distances, extra zoning requirements, and loading times? These things can be in the past. Infinite view distances, zero graphic pop-in, no zoning, zero load times. All because the cloud is pre-rendering content and delivering it to the console as the player moves through the world. In other words, As soon as content moves close enough to your real-time feedback zone, it has already been rendered by the cloud.

The principle of Gaikai before Sony bought it was to allow people with low powered machines to run incredibly beautiful games because a cloud device was rendering the content and just playing it on your screen. Here we have a hybrid concept that uses the power of the console but supplements it where possible.

There is such a staggering amount of potential here. Yes, this will mean that some games that utilize this technology will require the internet to work. However, that doesn’t mean the developers can’t allow the console to render tasks if the cloud isn’t available. Microsoft’s tech demo certainly demonstrated that the cloud can shift in and out of use with ease. Its great to see developers embracing new technological capabilities that build on top of the technological platform already established with popular MMO’s.

It really feels like people are being intentionally stupid by saying this “cloud” technology is a gimmick. Really? Have you been in a cave these last ten years while cloud powered MMO’s stormed the gaming scene? MMO’s use this technology but are NOT sensitive to latency issues at all, requiring server rendered content even in the real-time feedback zone. With cloud powered gaming you can take all the positives of an MMO and none of the negatives
Now lets see, butthurt 3cept. Or intelligent people actually in the industry breaking down how it is :blessed:
And sony scrambling to do the same thing is probably just a coincidence. You'd know, you have stock in them :sitdown: