(New Album) Armand Hammer "We Buy Diabetic Test Strips" (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Somebody labeled it "Ph.d Rap" on Wikipedia and I knew they jumped the shark. The creative rhymes is tight though. Like two DOOMs.
Had to pass on the Alchemist collab on the strength that brodie got weak beats backpackers act like game changing when he really the Great-Value Madlib...
They get album-by-album dollars. Shrines was good, but not vinyl good.
They better than Mach Hommy and Roc Marciano. Top tier of underground acts that will never be mainstream.
25d10d665adb411905bfee848d418daf.gif
you fukk with daniel son? he got flow.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
you fukk with daniel son? he got flow.
Don't know who Daniel Son is...

Heard a dozen and enough rappers rap like this with this kind of content from the 90s. Daniel Son at the back of a train headed to who knows where.

And lemme address hip-hop: anybody can learn how to rhyme to the metrics and get burn from the blogs, streets and gatekeepers.
Are they movin' the culture? They spittin' that soulful over the soulful to make "the people" hopeful? Look, nobody wanna struggle they whole life.
It's only so many times so many backpackers and underground rappers can rap about being "real". Andre peeped it back in '98:
Let's talk about time travelin' rhyme javelin
Somethin' mind unravelin' get down
Daniel Son ain't hittin' my core... I need more to explore.
26ef5aebb8ae9aec3b8c4c3eba940d0f.gif

Them warp speed rhymes and cadences about somethin' not firmly planted in the ghetto.

That soulful over a soulful:
They say a nikka lost his mind
But in the scheme of things I never lost a rhyme
The thin line between love and hatred
I'm the black pill in the Matrix, the saturated life
They say life is what you make it
So I wait quick on a spaceship so I can take it
As high as the stakes get when paper get low
I be tellin' Derick, "Tell Cara get us a show"
Little Com, I make righteous bytches get low
The richest man ain't necessarily the nikka with dough
UhCqnV.gif

Crab rappers stay at the bottom of the barrel.

Daps

Heard a dozen and enough rappers rap like this with this kind of content from the 90s. Daniel Son at the back of a train headed to who knows where.

And lemme address hip-hop: anybody can learn how to rhyme to the metrics and get burn from the blogs, streets and gatekeepers.
Are they movin' the culture? They spittin' that soulful over the soulful to make "the people" hopeful? Look, nobody wanna struggle they whole life.
It's only so many times so many backpackers and underground rappers can rap about being "real". Andre peeped it back in '98:

Them warp speed rhymes and cadences about somethin' not firmly planted in the ghetto.

UhCqnV.gif

i feel you. i gravitate to artists that evoke that 90s era feel. some can authentically produce that vibe, while others come across as counterfeit, their β€œsoul” - as you put it - an affectation rather than a genuine reflection of their vision.

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
First single out with Pink Siifu

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Somebody labeled it "Ph.d Rap" on Wikipedia and I knew they jumped the shark. The creative rhymes is tight though. Like two DOOMs.
Had to pass on the Alchemist collab on the strength that brodie got weak beats backpackers act like game changing when he really the Great-Value Madlib...
They get album-by-album dollars. Shrines was good, but not vinyl good.
They better than Mach Hommy and Roc Marciano. Top tier of underground acts that will never be mainstream.
25d10d665adb411905bfee848d418daf.gif

UhCqnV.gif

-Art Barr

Corndog

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"production from JPEGMAFIA, EL-P, Kenny Segal, Black Noi$e, Preservation, DJ Haram, Child Actor, Sebb Bash, August Fanon, and more"

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Why
Billy woods has been the best writer of the last decade
You don’t like top tier lyricism or was it the production ? Elucid is nice aswell
The rappers were terrible & they had a bunch of low grade Alchemist throwaway beats he probably made just in case he was ever to be asked to score a television Docuseries about the deterioration of the brain after years of lead poisoning :skip:

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
New song is nasty....they're going harder into the Def Jux sound

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
β€œBrother dropped a project every month, got the nerve to ask me if I peeped it
(Can’t make this shyt up)
Let me tell you a secret
Them nikkas ain’t dying for you, it’s the other way around if you actually reading”