never pay your old debts if you're tryna boost your credit score smh

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Your are a compete fukking idiot
If you pay it off and get it deleted it will only help. It's still a delinquent account you Buffoon, regardless of its charged off or not.

3. Deal with collection accounts, charge-offs and liens.

Accounts that have been charged off or sent to collections have a negative impact on your credit score, and you need to be careful how you deal with them.

Paying charge-offs or liens that are older than 24 months won't boost your credit score. Address charge-off accounts that are less than 24 months old first, then pay the others when you have the funds to do so.

4 Mistakes That Can Kill Your Credit Score
And It's still a delinquent account even after you pay.

Yes you can get it delete, but you're in here acting like you pay and wala it'll be deleted off your account.
Getting it deleted is a whole other battle especially if you already paid.

You can pay the money and put in the work to get it deleted early, but fact is that it's gonna be delete after 7 years regardless.
It's up to the person in debt to decide whether they need it to be deleted ASAP, or if they can ride it out.

If somebody has a charge off account and it's been delinquent for 4 years, should they pay and try and get it taken off early or should just just wait 3 more years.
Depends, if they're have a big purchase planned soon that they're trying to finance then yea maybe, but if not maybe not because that money and work they put in to get it deleted early probably won't benefit them immediately and they'll just be in the exact same spot 3 years from then, except with less debt collection calls(maybe).

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
I just wan't people to know getting a company to remove your charge off credit history is rare. Don't expect a company to be be willing to do you a solid cause now you are willing/able to pay what you owe. It's kinda a gamble hoping they will forgive you like this

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got a judgement out for $2467 :francis:

They threatened to garnish my check few months back but couldnt because I was making nowhere near enough.

I initially made agreement to pay $150 a month..she jumped at that offer...after research I found out that with my income they couldnt garnish me, si I didnt pay.That happened in the summer and they're just now sendinf me another judgement.

Should I make a deal with this law firm?:lupe: Don't want to goto court and get fukked by the judge who could possibly make me give up my gi bill or some shyt.:francis:

Now i'm in school and my only income right now is a gi bill stipend that I can't depend on to be on time ::lupe:

How much can you pay of that to get rid of it $1,500? $1,800? $2,000? Call them up and make them a offer, use a strong tone and tell them that this is what you are willing to pay in one or two installments. If they say no tell them thanks and hang up, any time after that they call you remind them you offered to make a payment and they turned it down

If your offer/language is good enough they will accept

Very important if they do accept they must send you something in writing with the agreement and the only way you are paying them is through check or money order, under no circumstances give them electronic access to your bank accounts

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
How much can you pay of that to get rid of it $1,500? $1,800? $2,000? Call them up and make them a offer, use a strong tone and tell them that this is what you are willing to pay in one or two installments. If they say no tell them thanks and hang up, any time after that they call you remind them you offered to make a payment and they turned it down

If your offer/language is good enough they will accept

Very important if they do accept they must send you something in writing with the agreement and the only way you are paying them is through check or money order, under no circumstances give them electronic access to your bank accounts
:myman: thx for the advice..

I get a $1687 check every month but that is only when im in school,and registered..breaks dont count so my payment for december gonna be short.

Most i'd be willing to pay them is $200 /month..with the option to throw in more If I can...gotta re-do my budget because im saving for a car,got other bills,saving for emergency funds an shyt.

The thing with these fukkers is she told me if I miss one payment then ahreement void and shyt stay on my credit for 20years...(may have been 10yrs..it was a high number) :francis:

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000

Nah breh you are wrong on this, you posted one thread on somebody that got it to work and even they said they have heard stories about it not working, and another thread on a method to attempt it to be successful. This does not equal it being "common" let alone something you can count on to happen. It's at the mercy of the original creditor.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
Nah breh you are wrong on this, you posted one thread on somebody that got it to work and even they said they have heard stories about it not working, and another thread on a method to attempt it to be successful. This does not equal it being "common" let alone something you can count on to happen. It's at the mercy of the original creditor.

Well it's not "rare" :heh:
I can post multiple forums where people had success with pay to delete

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
:jbhmm: Tell me more about getting out of debit breh
1. Go to debt consolidation. Where they give you plan to get out of debt lets say in three years. This will have an effect on your credit though. Nothing really bad as not paying the debt though
2. If you have good enough credit you can get a personal loan. Fixed payments for 3 or 5 years.
3. Quit all the bullshyt spending. Sacrifice and get two jobs. Have most of that money go to the creditors.

I did option 3. It boosts your credit score and you pure and free of debit without any consequences. Option 2 isn't bad either, but I didn't want to do a 3 or 5 year plan.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I just wan't people to know getting a company to remove your charge off credit history is rare. Don't expect a company to be be willing to do you a solid cause now you are willing/able to pay what you owe. It's kinda a gamble hoping they will forgive you like this
It is rare. Most they will do is say you owe them 5k, they will take 3k as paid in full.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
who pays your debts if you dead?
If you have an estate they will probate it and try to get money. If you're broke they just take the L.

Paying back money you owe is morally the right thing to do. Plus they can still place judgements on years after. It's not worth the risk.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
:snoop: aren't you guys in here preaching that it doesn't fall off for 7 years, what if he needs to go to a bank and get a loan? What if wants to fiance a car? Or anything else, that mark is going to show up.

Instead he could call the collector up, tell them to send a paper bill, he sends them a check, after a few weeks he calls up the three major credit score keepers equifax, experian and Trans union and have them remove that from his record

Na yall logic is keep shyt on there for almost a decade :dahell:

:heh: what do you think is gonna happen in 7 years once his credit is clear and the next time he racks up a bill he can't pay? He gonna become financially responsible all of a sudden?

:heh: secure debt, unsecured debt :heh:

Y'all financial advice is everything but no debt

:dead: @ you thinking it works like that. I mean i dunno how old u are or what u been through but this rarely happens if at all. Just because u paid off a debt that has gone on your record doesnt mean everything is fine and dandy. That debt, regardless if u pay it off or not, will still be a negative on your report.

I mean google is there for u guys who keep dropping this false logic.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
You have no fukking clue what your are taking about. Even if it's charged off its still a delinquent account that reflects poorly on your report. The ideal way is to pay it and have then delete it from your report. If you let it sit, when you got apply for a loan, rent a apt or get a job it will show up. Why risk For what sometimes is a few hundred dollars

You act collections are some big bad evil companies when your the dumb ass who couldn't pay their bills :mjlol:

U dumb as hell if u think its that simple. First off the creditor has to agree to make arrangements to delete that from your record. Thats a very rare occasion. Secondly, just because they say they will doesnt mean they will. You have to get a certified statement from them stating they will.

you sir actually have no damn clue what u are talking about. People have already stated that if they dont agree to delete the debt off your record then there's no point in paying it at all.

ill say this like i told @midwesthiphop . Google is there for you.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
If you have an estate they will probate it and try to get money. If you're broke they just take the L.

Paying back money you owe is morally the right thing to do. Plus they can still place judgements on years after. It's not worth the risk.

Each state has a statue of limitation on when they can or cant place a court order judgement for a debt. So no, they cant just place a judgement years later if the time has elapse. What they could do i con u into thinking that or they can see when your last payment was from that debt and use that date as the original debt.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Your are a compete fukking idiot
If you pay it off and get it deleted it will only help. It's still a delinquent account you Buffoon, regardless of its charged off or not.

3. Deal with collection accounts, charge-offs and liens.

Accounts that have been charged off or sent to collections have a negative impact on your credit score, and you need to be careful how you deal with them.

Paying charge-offs or liens that are older than 24 months won't boost your credit score. Address charge-off accounts that are less than 24 months old first, then pay the others when you have the funds to do so.

4 Mistakes That Can Kill Your Credit Score

youre a complete fukking idiot if u think its easy as pie to get creditors to do this in the first place :dead:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

if its so common then tell me why 6 of the old debts on my report got denied for the delete to pay method with less then a year left until the 7 years were up? U really using a message board as a form of proof that its no longer rare? :dead:

Bruh, its rare as shyt that a creditor will delete your debt if u pay it off. Time is money and u already owe them and they will be doing you a favor and wasting their time to call the bureaus and get your shyt deleted. Its rare, its been known to be rare and in 2015 it still is.