Netflix’s Official YOU Season 5 Thread

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Yo I’m glad my girl BEGGED me to watch this shyt lol. She watches mostly reality bullshyt so I took her recommendation with a grain of salt. But I fukk w this show, wouldn’t never discovered it on my own :ehh:

started season 2 last night but got very sleepy so I’m back on it tonight. Dude managed to leave that book store lol

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You aren't supposed to take the lurid crime thriller stuff seriously. The show works way better without it, and it lost something of it's charm around the throat cuttings and acid nonsense, it works better as satire and noir light, with literary and movie references abound. The show is very sharp, writing wise, it's just the plot is absurd, and the writers know it, but that's the shows hook.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
I didn't think I'd enjoy season two because of the LA setting but they leaned into the LA lifestyle.
both seasons go with the tone of the city and so does Joe.

I was entertained all the way up to the last two episodes. I didn't really care for them.

you knew it was coming with Love but I thought it would have just been Candence that got bodied.
Joe being disgusted she's exactly like him and it turning him off was funny though.

Victoria Pedretti was good casting for Love. she has the smile of a maniac but is cute and charming.
the actor that played Forty was terribile at first but grew into the role once he kept getting more to work with.

Ellie was by far and away the best thing about this season. her and Joe were a nice tandem.

actually, Penn Badgley must be a breeze to work with for actresses because in nearly everything I've seen him in all the females he works with whether its this, Gossip Girl, Easy A, the Jeff Buckley movie all bounce off him well and manage to have good chemistry. shyt, him and Delilah had more than him and Love and as someone had some involvement in casting. him and Delilah looked better suited.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't think I'd enjoy season two because of the LA setting but they leaned into the LA lifestyle.
both seasons go with the tone of the city and so does Joe.

I was entertained all the way up to the last two episodes. I didn't really care for them.

you knew it was coming with Love but I thought it would have just been Candence that got bodied.
Joe being disgusted she's exactly like him and it turning him off was funny though.

Victoria Pedretti was good casting for Love. she has the smile of a maniac but is cute and charming.
the actor that played Forty was terribile at first but grew into the role once he kept getting more to work with.

Ellie was by far and away the best thing about this season. her and Joe were a nice tandem.

actually, Penn Badgley must be a breeze to work with for actresses because in nearly everything I've seen him in all the females he works with whether its this, Gossip Girl, Easy A, the Jeff Buckley movie all bounce off him well and manage to have good chemistry. shyt, him and Delilah had more than him and Love and as someone had some involvement in casting. him and Delilah looked better suited.
Nice break down.

Daps
Brehs, Jenna Ortega got next. I remember seeing her on that kid disney show that got cancelled and knew she would blow up in a few years
MV5BZWNiZDkwZWItNjM0NC00MWM3LWI3YmItYTYzNDYzYWRmMGY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQyNDI4ODg@._V1_UY1200_CR85,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Also the 2nd season makes us blacks look cringey

All 3 black characters were gay :beli: