Netflix Signs Ryan Murphy To $300 Million Contract

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
To add on to what I said before, this is only the start. Don't be surprised if Seth MacFarlane takes his new projects to another studio/network too.

People currently under Fox deals in TV and movies are probably scrambling to figure out what studio they want to join.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Ryan Murphy has a ton of hit shows. I don't think he has one I don't favor.

Nip tuck, Glee, AHS, ACS all great and were unique. Glad Netflix picked him up.

Quality >>>>>>

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Netflix gonna shut down so many TV/Film studios

Can't wait :blessed:

They're actually helping out studios. They bailed out Paramount by buying and releasing Cloverfield Paradox when they should've just let it flop in theaters.

A weakened Paramount could've easily been acquired by Netflix.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I don't Netflix cares about expenditures at this point. They know revenue is going to continue flowing in. I think they're just after original and critically acclaimed content now.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I don't Netflix cares about expenditures at this point. They know revenue is going to continue flowing in. I think they're just after original and critically acclaimed content now.

Yeah I just wonder how many subscribers will stick with them as they lose licensed content and keep creating more originals. Even HBO relies on movies from other studios

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix now has nearly 118 million streaming subscribers globally

They had 118 million subscribers globally in January. And they are charging approx. $10 a month so yeah that's 1.18 billion a month. :ehh:

They also have different subscriber costs for different countries as well. But that's still a crazy profit margin.

That deal is still ridiculous, anyone netflix is wanting to go after is going to be like :takedat: And the studios that hold the rights to shows/movies are going to be like :steviej::shaq:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To add on to what I said before, this is only the start. Don't be surprised if Seth MacFarlane takes his new projects to another studio/network too.

People currently under Fox deals in TV and movies are probably scrambling to figure out what studio they want to join.

Why do you think that is?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Why do you think that is?

While Bob Iger said they’d continue with rated R content on Fox, some of them might not believe him.

It could just be about money but a month ago, Ryan Murphy was singing the praises of Disney and now he’s not even waiting around to see the regime change.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
McFarlane could end up at Netflix or Apple. I could see Apple spending lots of $$$$$$$$$ to try and grab him.