Netflix - Roxanne Roxanne (March 23rd)

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
This shyt is dope. Only 20 mins in but this is on par with straight outta Compton. It's better then notorious and all eyez on me. Netflix taking over this video shyt

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
This shyt is dope. Only 20 mins in but this is on par with straight outta Compton. It's better then notorious and all eyez on me. Netflix taking over this video shyt
It really is

Edit

I spoke too soon not better than Notorious or Compton

But it’s much better than All Eyez on Me

Last edited:

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
It really is

Edit

I spoke too soon not better than Notorious or Compton

But it’s much better than All Eyez on Me

It's not better then Compton but it's as realistic. Notorious and All Eyez were just money grabs

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Nia Long acted her ass off in this, I'm talking Oscar worthy performance. And the movie was just dope.

Nas cameo :ahh: @Illeye buckmatic

And who was the fat black kid?:heh:

"You ain't shyt Shante" :dead:

People saying he was Biggie

Daps
I enjoyed this....mainly cuz I wanted to enjoy it. But it had many flaws in the story. It's not nearly as good as Straight Outta Compton.

And who was the fat black kid?:heh:

"You ain't shyt Shante" :dead:

People saying he was Biggie

:gucci:

Biggie ain't from the bridge (or even Queens), and he's 3 years younger than her (3 years is a big age gap when growing up). He certainly wouldn't be in the same class as her.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Ya'll actually liked this sh*t:scusthov:

Every nicca in this movie is either a crook, borderline rapist, or a woman beater:why: Nia Long was miserable from the start to the finish. And what bish is gonna hand a dude twenty racks especially in the early 80's? If she had 20k she damn near could've bought a brownstone/house her damn self from the buyers programs I heard that they used have back then. Remember this is old NY before gentrification and when it was considered a shythole.

I know Nia Long and Maherhala Ali were the headline names but there was no reason for those side characters to get that much airtime like they did. They should've played different roles imo. No mention of Shan's "The Bridge", No BDP beef, no Big Daddy Kane, needed more Biz, and where was UTFO and The Real Roxanne in this:martin:

This was a #MeToo drama with a sprinkle of hip hop thrown in. What a waste of great source material to work with. A great period in rap history made into "Precious With Bars" :camby: