Netflix Producing Live Action Sword Art Online Series

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ok. Examples?
Im just now getting into anime so others probably could give you a better list than mine but from what I’ve seen so far I’ve think these could do well as live action tv series or movies

Steins Gate
Cowboy Bebop
Gangsta
Black Lagoon
Akame Ga Kill

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Im just now getting into anime so others probably could give you a better list than mine but from what I’ve seen so far I’ve think these could do well as live action tv series or movies

Steins Gate
Cowboy Bebop
Gangsta
Black Lagoon
Akame Ga Kill

Take a look at Jorgumand. It's in the same universe as Black lagoon.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Never watched SAO off the strength of the trash premise but I'm still waiting for a good live action adaptation.

Death Note was horrible but it doesn't sound like this will go that route. Only time will tell.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
That show is amazing but cmon breh you want to turn an 80 episode show that's story heavy into a 90 minute movie?
Guillermo Del Toro was going to adapt it as a TV show for HBO.

Psycho-Pass would be an easy live action adaptation. Elfen Lied could be done. Fate/Zero or Fate/stay night I could see as a trilogy of movies.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Guillermo Del Toro was going to adapt it as a TV show for HBO.

Psycho-Pass would be an easy live action adaptation. Elfen Lied could be done. Fate/Zero or Fate/stay night I could see as a trilogy of movies.
I'm just getting into anime. I've only watched a handful. What do you recommend?:jbhmm:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I'm just getting into anime. I've only watched a handful. What do you recommend?:jbhmm:
Berserk 1997 version
Death Note
Monster
Hunter x Hunter 2011 version
Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)
Gurrenn Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
Yu Yu Hakusho
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Ruoroni Kenshin
Trigun

Tons more, but those are just off the top of my head. Watch Berserk first (make sure it's the 1997 version). It will destroy any preconceived notions you may have of what anime can be. I didn't include some of the all time most popular series because they're either ongoing or just plain long as fukk with a ton of filler (DBZ, Naruto, Bleach).

Last edited:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
As long as it lives up to it's source material and not whitewash the shyt... I've seen the Fullmetal alchemist trailer and I wasn't impressed but that was done by a foreign sfx company and it looked incomplete....:scust:

fukk YOU MEAN? THEY ARE DRAWN TO LOOK LIKE WHITE PEOPLE FROM THE START. MOST OF THIS STUFF IS ALREADY WHITE WASHED BEFORE WHITE GET THEIR HANDS ON IT. AT THIS POINT, CASTING ASIANS IN IT WOULD LOOK WEIRD.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Damn that full metal alchemist trailer is weird

Best anime/game/manga to live action movie adaption is Goemon.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Anime just doesnt translate to live action. I dont care how "well" it's done. Anime just too exaggerated. shyt look stupid with real people
They just don’t have the budget or the production team the fully “gets it “ when it comes to making films like that