Netflix is remaking “the raid” with michael bay producing?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gareth Evans is EXTREMELY picky, and he already is getting a check from Netflix (he has an overall deal there) The Raid is his baby. I don't think he would've co-signed no bullshyt, especially with his most popular franchise. He would've just not been apart of it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m not against remakes in principle at all. Won’t erase the original movie and if I don’t like it I can just ignore it.

BUT, my issue is the director. After watching a few of Patrick’s movies, including his most recent hitman’s wife’s bodyguard, son's action chops are merely meh. Man knows violence that’s for damn sure, but his staging of action and choreography is basic at best and does nothing to even hold a candle to the original.

What Dredd did so well was create its own language in action and focus on gun play. This is all hand to hand shyt with weapons tossed in and this guy just doesn’t do it for me. Maybe he’ll surprise, maybe he pitched a vision that everyone involved just adored. But looking at his resume, I don’t see what they see.

Last edited: