Netflix in talks w/ Disney to keep 'Star Wars' & Marvel movies

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
HBO has their own service thats not going to happen.

Netflix looks smarter everyday by focusing on original content.

In all honesty I would still keep netflix if all they had was original content at this point.
I wouldn't, most their originals are garbage or don't appeal to me. i'd easily get flix for 3-4 months, watch the ~8 shows i fukk with and then cancel

And when people talked a la carte, they want to make their own package, not pay $10 for each of the 10 channels/services they want. I swear companies are doing this to lowkey keep the cable model alive. We're gonna hit a tipping point where between all the streaming services and increased costs for internet, folks are just gonna go back to cable :ld:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Yeah they got them by the nuts. They lose Star Wars and Marvel nikkas jumping ship like crazy.

fukk they should buy Netflix and call it a day.
There's not that much Star Wars and Marvel(movies) on Netflix anyways. Its a nice little luxury but I don't get the pressing need to f*ck with Disney in the first place:yeshrug:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I wouldn't, most their originals are garbage or don't appeal to me. i'd easily get flix for 3-4 months, watch the ~8 shows i fukk with and then cancel

And when people talked a la carte, they want to make their own package, not pay $10 for each of the 10 channels/services they want. I swear companies are doing this to lowkey keep the cable model alive. We're gonna hit a tipping point where between all the streaming services and increased costs for internet, folks are just gonna go back to cable :ld:
Cable packages are built the way they are because the companies that run the stations want certain channels grouped together. It behooves them business wise to have there channels at certain access points. Has almost nothing to do with the cable companies.

If you take that away they're going to charge extra for each individual channel because they need to keep their finances the same or they will go out of business.

We already have a la carte cable options in Canada and guess what,it's basically cheaper just to stay with packages.

Streaming is going to be the same way. You're paying a premium to keep the money levels the same.

If you want good content you gotta pay for it.

It all comes down to an allusion of choice.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
There's not that much Star Wars and Marvel(movies) on Netflix anyways. Its a nice little luxury but I don't get the pressing need to f*ck with Disney in the first place:yeshrug:
I honestly would not give 1 shyt if disney left. None of there content interests me. In fact I'd rather they leave and netflix invest the money in more original content.

I think the only Disney related thing I watched in the last year on Netflix was force awakens and I turned it off halfway through because it was so garbage.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Disney is doing the right thing for the financial statements, everybody clowned them for making the Netflix deal in the first place. Now that they are pulling it, people want to whine and complain.

Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney Animation, and Disney Classics would definitely pick up a lot of steam for one service. shyt they can cash in on the nostalgia wave and throw some of those Disney Channel original series and movies on there (some of the movies are on Hulu rn). I wonder how it would affect their hoe ass ways, taking movies "back to the vault" to control supply and demand. Might as well call the service "The Vault" bc everything would be locked behind a paywall anyway

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Cable packages are built the way they are because the companies that run the stations want certain channels grouped together. It behooves them business wise to have there channels at certain access points. Has almost nothing to do with the cable companies.

If you take that away they're going to charge extra for each individual channel because they need to keep their finances the same or they will go out of business.

We already have a la carte cable options in Canada and guess what,it's basically cheaper just to stay with packages.

Streaming is going to be the same way. You're paying a premium to keep the money levels the same.

If you want good content you gotta pay for it.

It all comes down to an allusion of choice.
This is exactly right as cable/internet providers are practically monopolies (they straight up are once you break down coverage areas). they hold all the keys bc you need internet to stream. plus when everyone has a streaming service, they will begin to bundle services into packages, and voila we're back to square one - cable. Government gave these people a license to print money

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This is exactly right as cable/internet providers are practically monopolies (they straight up are once you break down coverage areas). they hold all the keys bc you need internet to stream. plus when everyone has a streaming service, they will begin to bundle services into packages, and voila we're back to square one - cable. Government gave these people a license to print money
And to add to this the cable numbers slipping is exactly why net neutrality has become a big issue.

They're losing money from all the people dumping cable and they're going to make up for it by trying to take the companies doing it to them (netflix,youtube etc) to the cleaners.

People think they're just going to dump cable and shyt's gonna be sweet :russ:

Nah these companies want their money and they're going to take every Avenue they can to get it. :hubie:

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
pricing has got to change.. for Netflix.. also any word on the content for the Disney streaming service?

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Internet service and cable is the only provider in the USA you're limited by zip code. You can be the town next door and get flyers for XYZ provider but they can't give you service.

Cell phone prices are competitive due to availability.....our hoe ass gov't enabled this bullshyt.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well im not buying Disney service any fukking way so if they take them off netflix then that shyt is getting bootlegged

The entire shyt is garbage... Then to have a sports network but not include NBA or NFL... Wtf I'm gonna watch on it then? Baseball... Soccer... Tennis?

FOH Disney:camby:

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree, but most people ain't tryna pay for 3-4 different streaming services. shyt would be like paying for cable all over again. I'm just saying, there is money to be made still with all of the HBO content out there. They already have a streaming deal with Amazon right now.

This is where it is heading to. I mentioned this before and how the companies will adjust.....just like they did when folks started to ditch land lines for cell phones as a way to cut cost.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
And to add to this the cable numbers slipping is exactly why net neutrality has become a big issue.

They're losing money from all the people dumping cable and they're going to make up for it by trying to take the companies doing it to them (netflix,youtube etc) to the cleaners.

People think they're just going to dump cable and shyt's gonna be sweet :russ:

Nah these companies want their money and they're going to take every Avenue they can to get it. :hubie:

Breh if I was a cable company I'd be like ":smugfavre: Oh you gon leave? You wanna stream full time :leon:? Guess you need access to the web and wifi...:jbhmm::jawalrus:? The Price of the 'Net goin up :usure::ufdup::demonic:. "

shyt the companies are doing that now :mjlol::mjcry:. Comcast building Netflix directly into the software interface of the set top boxes. got channels like FX (:blessed:) getting their own add on service for commercial free shows but only through Comcast :hhh:

Choice is an illusion if companies own entire regions of the country :francis:. Mfers need to stop praising everything Netflix doing all the time too - that subscription cost will keep rising :shaq2: