Netflix in talks w/ Disney to keep 'Star Wars' & Marvel movies

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A little over a year ago, Disney made Netflix the exclusive home of its movies, including Star Wars, Pixar and Marvel flicks, which led to rumorsof a Netflix acquisition by Disney. A few days ago, however, Disney used its earnings report to announce that it would no longer stream its content on Netflix. The entertainment company plans to launch its own streaming service in 2019. The devil is in the details, however; the companies are reportedly in "active discussions" about keeping Marvel and Star Warsfilms in the Netflix queue.

According to Reuters, Disney CEO Bob Iger told analysts during the call that his company had not yet decides where it would house Marvel superhero films or Star Wars titles from Lucasfilm. Netflix's Ted Sarandos expects that Disney's service would be complementary to Netflix's, which still carries a ton of other family-centric entertainment. Sarandos is reportedly talking with Disney about keeping Marvel and Lucasfilm releases for 2019 and beyond.

Netflix in talks with Disney to keep 'Star Wars' and Marvel movies
If you gonna pull ya shyt, pull it all :camby:
Especially if you gonna pull your shyt to start your own service.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Never gonna happen. Netflix should just find another plug. If they got HBO content, that could be a game changer.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Never gonna happen. Netflix should just find another plug. If they got HBO content, that could be a game changer.
HBO has their own service thats not going to happen.

Netflix looks smarter everyday by focusing on original content.

In all honesty I would still keep netflix if all they had was original content at this point.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
HBO has their own service thats not going to happen.

Netflix looks smarter everyday by focusing on original content.

In all honesty I would still keep netflix if all they had was original content at this point.
I mean they could try and broker a deal to get older HBO shows like Oz, The Wire and The Sopranos on Netflix. HBO could make a nice profit if the deal was done right.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I mean they could try and broker a deal to get older HBO shows like Oz, The Wire and The Sopranos on Netflix. HBO could make a nice profit if the deal was done right.
But then they would be devaluing their own service. Same way disney would be devaluing theirs if they let star wars and marvel stay on Netflix.

If you want to build up your streaming service you have to think long term instead of short term profits.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
But then they would be devaluing their own service. Same way disney would be devaluing theirs if they let star wars and marvel stay on Netflix.

If you want to build up your streaming service you have to think long term instead of short term profits.
I agree, but most people ain't tryna pay for 3-4 different streaming services. shyt would be like paying for cable all over again. I'm just saying, there is money to be made still with all of the HBO content out there. They already have a streaming deal with Amazon right now.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I agree, but most people ain't tryna pay for 3-4 different streaming services. shyt would be like paying for cable all over again. I'm just saying, there is money to be made still.
Well,people are full of shyt.

I mean they claimed they would have cable if they could have it a la carte which is pretty much what it would be with different streaming services.

Truth is people don't want to pay for anything, they've become entitled and want everything for free.

Always cracks me up when people so proudly talk of cutting the cord and all they do is bum passwords for services friends and family pay for.

But :manny:

People don't want other services because they want every single thing for the cheapest price and if they can't have it they pirate it.

People have become greedy as fukk when it comes to entertainment they think is entitled to them. And then cry online when a show they like gets cancelled :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Netflix raised their prices here in Canada

Now it's 14 a month for the HD version, crooks

Gonna cancel soon

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I disagree. Though yes Marvel and Star wars are huge draws, it makes sense IMO to keep the Marvel movies on Netflix since that's where the Marvel + Netflix Originals will be.
Ahhhh you're right. Forgot there was nexflix x marvel original series n what not.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Amazon made a deal years ago to the rights to air older seasons of HBO shows:

HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online

But HBO is now completely focused on their own standalone service:

Amazon Prime subscribers will lose the ability to stream HBO series in 2018 (update)

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi

bruh, nobody really cares about the marvel and star wars with the movie vault they have... and their Disney channel content
they're gonna get subs based off that
List of Walt Disney Pictures films - Wikipedia this is what people care about

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Disney might be able to double dip off this shyt.
Give Netflix a 1 year exclusivity window and then have that shyt on both of their services caking twice.