Netflix finally cracking down on password sharing, will charge $3 per subaccount (starts march)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Can’t wait till this backfires and this bites Netflix in the ass :banderas:
It's probably not going to backfire tho. They put the information out there, making users aware. Now they'll just tag on that fee in the billing and collect. Most people won't do anything other than just pay it.

My wife was about to create a new account on her Mom's account that we share and I told her, don't even do that cause they about to start charging for sub accounts.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
My wife was about to create a new account on her Mom's account that we share and I told her, don't even do that cause they about to start charging for sub accounts.
That's not how it works.

They are blocking people from sharing the account from outside the household. It's location-based, not profile-based.

So if your mom logs in from her home and picks the profile Mom and you login to the same account from your home and pick the profile Mom, that's still password sharing and Netflix will make you and your wife set up a sub account for a to be determined cheaper price.

It's like having a cell phone family plan. You set up one line then everyone else on your plan gets their line cheaper. You're sharing the same plan, but but if you want multiple cell phones then multiple people have to pay.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's not how it works.

They are blocking people from sharing the account from outside the household. It's location-based, not profile-based.

So if your mom logs in from her home and picks the profile Mom and you login to the same account from your home and pick the profile Mom, that's still password sharing and Netflix will make you and your wife set up a sub account for a to be determined cheaper price.

It's like having a cell phone family plan. You set up one line then everyone else on your plan gets their line cheaper. You're sharing the same plan, but but if you want multiple cell phones then multiple people have to pay.
:jbhmm:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This also seems to punish non nuclear families….which is a lot of America. If a mother has Netflix for her kids and they go to their dad’s house for the week, he gotta pay for Netflix too or she gotta pay $3 more for them to be able to watch there? what about kids in college, they can’t log into their profile on their parents account? This is stupid