Netflix Drops Lupin Teaser Featuring Omar Sy as Legendary Gentleman Thief

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
i prefer them doing it like this than doing a "black" james bond :manny:

i fukks with this show outside of the fact he chasing them busted white hoes. dude is a solid actor, hope he gets more work cuz of this.

I def would like more context of this Lupin character. I do think season 2 had some :dahell: moments which I felt they could work through. Also I don’t feel they flesh out his homie’s character enough. Is he valuable or is he just a filler character. I def think it’s a promising concept and unique. But it has some flaws

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching Part 2, satisfying conclusion to the Pelligrini saga :ehh:

C/S on that one female cop being :takedat:

Some more thoughts.

I'm glad Leonard ended up getting killed, murdered Lupin's dad and attempted to murder his son :picard:

The accomplice that Lupin hired from the library to help fool Pelligrini :lolbron:

The Lupin stan cop was a sneaky MVP for the amount of times he ended up helping Lupin.

The lady at the catacombs still working the same job all these years later :skip:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That police chick:whoo:was she this thick in both departments like this on season 1 :shaq:

In 1 episode here tiddays was bouncing around, Lupin needs to stop fukking around & make her chase him more
She was:takedat:

I feel like this entire show was shot at once snd they just split it in half to milk it

She been like that since day one:wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
This nicca's disguises still the WOAT :russ:

This was fire. breh be moving like he’s not the only breh

LOL to be the most wanted man in France he sure goes out into the open a lot.
He escapes the building in dreads and a beard and then immediately throws the disguise away only to get chased by police. Why dude? Your face is more known than ever and you planning moving through Paris naked faced?
But overall, dope season 2. Hope 3 ain't too far behind. Maybe he'll finally encounter another black person that isn't trying to kill him:francis:

i thought the show was fire....

the cops look like keystone cops the entire show and he's a like a 6'6 with terrible costumes but "blends in" :mjlol: that last fit was turrible,,,,,but the storyline between lupin and pelligini made it worth it....they kept one upping eachother and the plot twists etc were coo....i liked how he thought his way out of shyt

the cinematography was great too and sound track.....

overall felt like a fresh story line on a classic concept.....can't wait for part trois

In the Pelligrini scenes he's often the only "non-white" person on screen for minutes at a time, yet NOBODY recognizes him.
Maybe they're trying to comment on how "invisible" Black people are seen in that society...nah, its just shaky writing.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
In the Pelligrini scenes he's often the only "non-white" person on screen for minutes at a time, yet NOBODY recognizes him.
Maybe they're trying to comment on how "invisible" Black people are seen in that society...nah, its just shaky writing.
I think its simple: dude is very good in the role but to enjoy it we have to ignore the fact that aint no way a 6’3” black man with strong features in France is ever going to ‘blend in’ or be some disguise master. Most black folks even have distinctively black voices. The people that blend in are 5’9” white guys like in The Americans.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Show is fire. Best thing I did was leave the sub titles on the first episode. Wife didn't want to fukk with it after that. Turned on english dub asap. Enjoyed this shyt so much dolo without interference :wow:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think it's shaky writing, just suspension of disbelief. Silly fun type shyt

But to your invisibility point it's not too wild of a notion. I think it's why something like the janitor disguise works. Because who pays attention to janitors?

But even then SOMEBODY noticed

I think overall the disguises work in context and not from the perspective of a viewer that follows Lupin the entire show

Last edited:
Daps
I don't think it's shaky writing, just suspension of disbelief. Silly fun type shyt

The man walked across the prison yard and, in one jump, grabbed the net from a basketball hoop :laff:

That right there should’ve let the viewer know what kind of show this is. Just sit back and enjoy the fukkery. :pachaha:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just watched this in one day and I understand his motivations, but how the fukk is he even operating if he's not making any money from his schemes???? that's my number one gripe.