Netflix Doc: Pepsi, where’s my Jet?

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enjoyed it. Felt like they could have condensed it a bit but besides that, its a fun ride. I remember that commercial well

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Just watched this. Definitely could have been an hour or so at most. Philippines part added nothing. I remember this and also went over this in my contracts class in law school. At the end of the day, it was some entitled cac with a rich friend who tried to game the system.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Just watched this. Definitely could have been an hour or so at most. Philippines part added nothing. I remember this and also went over this in my contracts class in law school. At the end of the day, it was some entitled cac with a rich friend who tried to game the system.
That part was crucial actually.
didn't need to be 4 eps or however many eps...but luckily they were short eps.

It was cool...guy is a moron though for trying to get it...even as a kid I knew that shyt was a joke.

but shyt I wish I had a rich ass friend who could just write me a 700K check like nothing,
Don't forget the disclaimer. If he sued first to keep the venue not NY, or got a no-biased judge, that "moron" could be an 8 figure "moron". That commercial, along with the .10 ticket clause, was a blunder of epic proportions.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
That part was crucial actually.

Don't forget the disclaimer. If he sued first to keep the venue not NY, or got a no-biased judge, that "moron" could be an 8 figure "moron". That commercial, along with the .10 ticket clause, was a blunder of epic proportions.
They made that biased judge thing way more dramatic. That shyt wasn’t surviving summary judgment from any judge. Legally they simply did not have a case.

As a matter of fact, the case was appealed and was upheld by the Second Circuit. It was a good story that got national attention due to Avenatti using the media (same as he did with Stormy Daniels), but it had zero legal legs to stand on.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
They made that biased judge thing way more dramatic. That shyt wasn’t surviving summary judgment from any judge. Legally they simply did not have a case.

As a matter of fact, the case was appealed and was upheld by the Second Circuit. It was a good story that got national attention due to Avenatti using the media (same as he did with Stormy Daniels), but it had zero legal legs to stand on.
Explain. It was presented on the commercial like everything else. Show me.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Explain. It was presented on the commercial like everything else. Show me.
It wasn't presented as a reasonable prize, but in jest. It wasn't possible to even acquire in the presented format, with vertical takeoff in civilian form, it wasn't presented as being even realistic as an actual prize.

The kid could have got 1 mil settlement and netted a profit, but his dumb ass was trying to run a game. Let his error be a lesson to some of you who think you are going to scam your way to success.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It wasn't presented as a reasonable prize, but in jest. It wasn't possible to even acquire in the presented format, with vertical takeoff in civilian form, it wasn't presented as being even realistic as an actual prize.

The kid could have got 1 mil settlement and netted a profit, but his dumb ass was trying to run a game. Let his error be a lesson to some of you who think you are going to scam your way to success.
That's just your (and the Pepsi guys') opinion. I'm talking legally. Truth in advertising laws are there for a reason. No disclaimer, presented just like the rest, what actually says that wasn't a legal offer? They knew they fukked up, which is why they aired a disclaimer in Canada, and revised the commercial later.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That's just your (and the Pepsi guys') opinion. I'm talking legally. Truth in advertising laws are there for a reason. No disclaimer, presented just like the rest, what actually says that wasn't a legal offer? They knew they fukked up, which is why they aired a disclaimer in Canada, and revised the commercial later.
Lol, they added the disclaimer in the us. But the rationale i gave you was agreed to by the judge and confirmed. It was a tongue and cheek offer that wasnt made in earnest and couldnt possibly be expected to be legitimate.