Net Neutrality: The War To Destroy the Internet

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I find it funny that everyone is spending all their time memeing and hating this Pai guy instead of protesting the companies and politicians that control his puppet strings.​

The same people that post the memes were the same people that were protesting at Verizon...:stopitslime:

Making memes is propaganda and is a political act...

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
On the bright side all these homeless IG thots and even average girls wont have their heads blown up from all that validation:ld:

Itll force people to go outside

Live in the moment instead of snapchatting the whole night at the club (so fukking corny)

DEATH of snapchat (i hate those filters:scusthov:)

The relationship and marriage might be saved

Everyone wont be as accessible to the next person

On the bad side tho.....

Nuetered and controlled information (the media can put out any propoganda they want without being checked)

Online businesses and marketing will take a hit

No more convenience (applying for college,jobs, googling info, have to use a map instead of google maps)

What yall got?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
On the bright side all these homeless IG thots and even average girls wont have their heads blown up from all that validation:ld:

Itll force people to go outside

Live in the moment instead of snapchatting the whole night at the club (so fukking corny)

DEATH of snapchat (i hate those filters:scusthov:)

The relationship and marriage might be saved

Everyone wont be as accessible to the next person

On the bad side tho.....

Nuetered and controlled information (the media can put out any propoganda they want without being checked)

Online businesses and marketing will take a hit

No more convenience (applying for college,jobs, googling info, have to use a map instead of google maps)

What yall got?

This is not what net neutrality is about at all..:snoop:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
It's a group called ALEC that's pushing this mess backed by AT&T , COMCAST , VERIZON & the other isp's

So happy I left those jokers and went with a local Fiber provider....still going to a dubious billionaire (Dan Gilbert) but he's not been supporting this ruling far as I know.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im just not informed enough to make a decision

heres the thing; i refuse to believe that they're going to blatantly fukk over every american. the ONE THING that the left and the right agree on is that the internet should be as cheap and free as possible :dead: it would be absolute political suicide if they just jacked up everyones internet right in front of their eyes

obviously its not a good thing, its republicans catering to the rich, in this case comcast. i just dont know if i can buy into the sky is falling rhetoric

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
im just not informed enough to make a decision

heres the thing; i refuse to believe that they're going to blatantly fukk over every american. the ONE THING that the left and the right agree on is that the internet should be as cheap and free as possible :dead: it would be absolute political suicide if they just jacked up everyones internet right in front of their eyes

obviously its not a good thing, its republicans catering to the rich, in this case comcast. i just dont know if i can buy into the sky is falling rhetoric
I’m not sure why you can’t. If you look at ISP power consolidation and the fact that a business will always focus on profit you will see the writing on the wall. Add on the fact that they are very sneaky and methodical with their approach...making sure to take their time in fukking the public..and you have clear bullshyt in the cards for everyone that takes the internet seriously.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not sure why you can’t. If you look at ISP power consolidation and the fact that a business will always focus on profit you will see the writing on the wall. Add on the fact that they are very sneaky and methodical with their approach...making sure to take their time in fukking the public..and you have clear bullshyt in the cards for everyone that takes the internet seriously.
theyre definitely just gonna do this by sneaking in fees over time

but lets be honest breh, weve seen people act like overnight comcast is gonna be like "hey, youtube is another 20 bucks a month. sorry :troll:". nobody's doing that :comeon:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

but lets be honest breh, weve seen people act like overnight comcast is gonna be like "hey, youtube is another 20 bucks a month. sorry :troll:". nobody's doing that :comeon:
Agreed, the hyperbole (such as in the OP) distract from the matter at hand

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When i got wind of what was on the table, i expected it . Other life essentials, which are much more important btw, are leveled on your income like heathcare education food/water, even adherence to laws. why not the internet ?! Weve not only accepted so much other bullshyt but accepted it as the best the world has to offer. This is another culmination of our ignorant arrogance and racism .and there will be more to come

And im using the term 'our' loosely btw

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

They aren't going to do that. Its going to hit content creators and the services they use. The traffic one particular user takes up is miniscule compared to someone who uploads to YouTube or streams on Twitch every other day. That is even dwarfed by the amount of servers Twitch/YouTube/Netflix has. So by Net Neutrality falling, ISPs can now throttle those content providers/creators and basically say "Hey, you guys want clearance from our company, you gotta pay."

By doing that, you make Twitch or YouTube the bad guy because THEY will have to pass the buck onto the consumer via a subscription. NOT the ISP. Can you imagine the traffic Amazon gets per day? Per year? Now, imagine the valuation on all of that bandwith....it would be a deal in the hundreds of millions if not a billion.