Neil Degrasse Tyson Blow #HeToo?

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Feel free to post that quote up champ

Let's make a ban bet that you're making stuff up in this post

Reading through all your post, you have some great ones in there, but here's the moon one.

Nope

It was common sense

And one of the astronomy classes I took at GT

We went up to the observatory to analyze the moon with one of our extremely high powered telescopes

The main thing that I remembered from viewing the moon was that it didn't look like a solid object

It looked like a what a projection on a wall looks like

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Again, what's with the passive aggression?

Why can't you just answer my question or ignore my posts?
why? because you look for endless debates... gravity doesn't exist the earth is flat. it doesn't ever end, back n forth. I've long given up engaging the flat earth gang here. we've talked about this several times.

Look where you are having this debate.. this is a thread about metoo charges... it never ends :mjlol:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
why? because you look for endless debates... gravity doesn't exist the earth is flat. it doesn't ever end, back n forth. I've long given up engaging the flat earth gang here. we've talked about this several times.

Look where you are having this debate.. this is a thread about metoo charges... it never ends :mjlol:
That's because people read the flat earth threads and attempt to troll me in other science related threads

You've literally never debated me about flat earth

There are plenty of posts of mine in plenty of flat earth threads

You can bump and refute any one that you want to

But please don't quote me in here with smilies as if you're above a discussion that you're choosing to inject yourself into

That's disingenuous

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's because people read the flat earth threads and attempt to troll me in other science related threads

You've literally never debated me about flat earth

There are plenty of posts of mine in plenty of flat earth threads

You can bump and refute any one that you want to

But please don't quote me in here with smilies as if you're above a discussion that you're choosing to inject yourself into

That's disingenuous
I'll do just that. ignore you. can't debate the moon being a projection or gravity not existing or the earth being flat. :hubie:

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I'll do just that. ignore you. can't debate the moon being a projection or gravity not existing or the earth being flat. :hubie:
Ok

Please chill with the indirect posting at me then

I'd appreciate it

I'm genuinely in here trying to wake people up

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Another classic quote from Tesla
Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality.
-Nikola Tesla
Read more at: Nikola Tesla Quotes

xCivicx

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Can you give one, single, solitary example of this or are you just spouting platitudes that re-affirm your existing belief system?

I will stand by while you furiously google to try to appear to know everything.

#ScientificMethod
I'm not googling anything lol

You already conceded

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

I believe Cenk is truly HOH. But I am surprised that Ana hasn't lost her shyt over this. It's probably why she isn't there. His co-host (a man) is clearly uncomfortable having this conversation.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
the article bolded that.
PictureofNDTandKatelyn-1.png

wow

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Yea, I figured you had nothing but had to give you the chance to prove me wrong.

#ScientificMethod

[Absolute] belief in the Scientific Method is itself an act of faith.
Just as simpler systems (Maths/Logic, Finite Turing Equivalent Automata) can themselves be shown to be limited, the assumption that the Scientific Method (which is pretty basic really) is valid is based on recursive reasoning.
For example we know that Turing Machines (computers) cannot understand source code of other computers or rather than the formal logical that Turing Machines are based on is limited.
Related to this we similarly know that Maths is not sound and not complete and as such mathematical logic can lead to impossible conclusions.
In both of these cases the system itself is limited.

In the Scientific Method we make the assumption that formal reasoning is sufficiently powerful to accurately plot a path through reality.
The universe is rule bound, discrete and as far as we have observed and/or can observe digital and such systems are amenable to analysis by formal systems BUT there is a lot of space in there for another truth.