Need Help Losing Fat In My Stomach/Hips Area (FREE DAPS + REPS)

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
Hey brehs/brehettes...

My first time posting in this section.

I want to lose some stomach fat and fat around my waist/hip areas.

I'm a male, 5'6", ~190lbs. Much of my weight is muscle mass (I have a pretty decent upper body and solid legs and calfs). But I've been noticing that my stomach and hips could use some work.

I've been running for some time now (I try to run 3-4 miles in 30mins at least 3x a week). However, I think a diet may be in order (no carbs, no soda, no fried food). I may also cut-back (or give up) on drinking.

I've also started lifting but I've been focusing on biceps, triceps, and some squatting.

What kind of diet do y'all recommend?

What kind of exercise/workout routine do you recommend? Should I focus on cardio or try to lift more?

Jeepz

Lay off the salt
Daps
Biceps and triceps exercises ain't gonna get you cut, son.

3-4 days a week, focus on compound exercises:
- Bench press
- Squats
- Dead lifts
- Military Press
- Bent over rows

Finish with 30-45 mins of steady state cardio.

The other 3 days:
Do HIIT circuits.

Calories are WAY more important that low carb diets, btw. You should NOT be cutting carbs on weight days.
Use MyFitnessPal for a minimum of a week to figure out how much you eatin. Figure out your TDEE and stay under it.
That's it. That simple.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Unfortunately there's no such thing as spot reduction, where you store fat is determined by genetics. Only thing you can do is reduce your body fat in general.
would core exercises help tho? Like atleast cut some fat in that area or is it just to help build the muscle under the fat? I wanna see if I do more exercises like crunches varieties, side lunges, leg raise, captains chair, etc. Should I do that combined with some cardio?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
would core exercises help tho? Like atleast cut some fat in that area or is it just to help build the muscle under the fat? I wanna see if I do more exercises like crunches varieties, side lunges, leg raise, captains chair, etc. Should I do that combined with some cardio?
It could help as part of the greater good but like he said you can't specifically target areas for fat loss.

I would focus more on compound exercises that can help build your core.

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
1.Drink as much water as you can all day. Your body needs water to flush fat and toxins out. Lots of water.
2.Drink hot green tea/ w lemons/limes/lemongrass + honey for sweetener. Add a tbsp of apple cider vinegar if you have it.
3. Cut out sugar and dairy COMPLETELY, its hard but its worth it.
4. Cut down on meat as much as possible, it takes longer to digest and carries toxins that will be stored in your fat cells. Go to nuts/beans/lentils/seeds/ organic unsalted peanut butter for protein.

Do those 4 today and I guarantee your belly will see a noticeable difference within 48 hours

edit: You drink. You HAVE to stop drinking for a few weeks if you want to lose the fat, there is no way around it.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.Drink as much water as you can all day. Your body needs water to flush fat and toxins out. Lots of water.
2.Drink hot green tea/ w lemons/limes/lemongrass + honey for sweetener. Add a tbsp of apple cider vinegar if you have it.
4. Cut down on meat as much as possible, it takes longer to digest and carries toxins that will be stored in your fat cells. Go to nuts/beans/lentils/seeds/ organic unsalted peanut butter for protein.

Do those 4 today and I guarantee your belly will see a noticeable difference within 48 hours

edit: You drink. You HAVE to stop drinking for a few weeks if you want to lose the fat, there is no way around it.

I basically did this for 3 weeks and i lost 10 pounds and my stomach was damn near flat. People were like "OMG what happened to you" somebody even came to me and ask if i was sick lol.. I told them i went vegan for 2 weeks. The first week i gradually stopped eating meat, the last two weeks was full vegan. I didn't work out once, basically just went on a vegan cleanse.

Only thing is you shouldn't completely cut out sugar. fruits, grade b organic syrup, sweet potatoes and stuff like that will get you your sugar fix the proper way.

BlaKcMoney

Hijo Del Ray
Daps
I basically did this for 3 weeks and i lost 10 pounds and my stomach was damn near flat. People were like "OMG what happened to you" somebody even came to me and ask if i was sick lol.. I told them i went vegan for 2 weeks. The first week i gradually stopped eating meat, the last two weeks was full vegan. I didn't work out once, basically just went on a vegan cleanse.

Only thing is you shouldn't completely cut out sugar. fruits, grade b organic syrup, sweet potatoes and stuff like that will get you your sugar fix the proper way.

I'm doing the same thing now but im working out also, you want to make sure you have some nice looking muscles under that fat, don't want to just be skinny.

Yes.natural sugars are okay, i should have specified. Maple syrup, honey, fruits/veggies of course are safe sugars. But white sugar,brown sugar, HFCS, corn syrup are definite no no's.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Biceps and triceps exercises ain't gonna get you cut, son.

3-4 days a week, focus on compound exercises:
- Bench press
- Squats
- Dead lifts
- Military Press
- Bent over rows

The other 3 days:
Do HIIT circuits.

Calories are WAY more important that low carb diets, btw. You should NOT be cutting carbs on weight days.
Use MyFitnessPal for a minimum of a week to figure out how much you eatin. Figure out your TDEE and stay under it.
That's it. That simple.

I can dig the lifting but won't the results make me look like a mini-tank given my height. Surely I'll be buff and ripped by you don't think it'll be a force, given my size?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I can dig the lifting but won't the results make me look like a mini-tank given my height. Surely I'll be buff and ripped by you don't think it'll be a force, given my size?
Building muscle with as little fat gain as possible is a slow process.

The lifting could get you leaner as opposed to bulkier. Depends on how you attack it.

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps

This guy is putting you on the right track. The way we tend to look at biology is warped as hell. It's rather simple to control weight.

Cut dairy and processed sugars, as stated
Remain hydrated throughout the day.
Limit meat intake (I'd say cut it out altogether if you're up for it. mean essentially turns straight into fat because it all cannot be processed in our bodies.)
NEVER eat an hour before you go to sleep unless it's something slight such as a banana or apple...
When you wake up in the morning, before eating a damn thing, have a tall glass of water or 2. Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Wait 20-30 minutes before having breakfast.

One of the most important things is to AVOID SHALLOW BREATHING. A lot of people are breathing into their chest rather than breathing into their stomachs as we see infants do. This hinders ALL bodily processes.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps

If I cut out meat, what kind of food/meals do you recommend (besides nuts/seeds, etc.)?