NC Gov. Roy Cooper removes himself from VP consideration for Fear of Kewn Azz Mark Robinson Acting as Temp Gov

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
:salute:

As NC resident, I gotta say this was some noble shyt. Mark Robinson is basically black Donald Trump

453530754_1055539092804885_3544351438804395218_n.jpg

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper removes himself from Harris VP consideration​

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper speaks at a Biden Harris campaign event at James B. Dudley High School on July 11, in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Allison Joyce/AFP/Getty Images
CNN —
Roy Cooper on Monday said it isn’t the right time for him to join a national ticket, as two sources familiar with the discussions told CNN the North Carolina governor had removed himself from consideration as Kamala Harris’ running mate in a sign that the accelerated search has entered a new phase.
Harris’ decision on a running mate could come within a week, two people familiar with the matter said, with Harris’ goal to make an announcement before August 7. She intends to have private conversations with top contenders, sources said, but it was unclear whether those discussions have started.
“I strongly support Vice President Harris’ campaign for President. I know she’s going to win and I was honored to be considered for this role. This just wasn’t the right time for North Carolina and for me to potentially be on a national ticket,” Cooper said in a statement posted to his personal account on X. “As l’ve said from the beginning, she has an outstanding list of people from which to choose, and we’ll all work to make sure she wins.”
Cooper was approached by the Harris campaign about being vetted, and he declined, a source familiar told CNN.
The governor, whose friendship with Harris dates back to their time serving as the attorneys general of their respective states, was also the oldest candidate under consideration. His age, 67, was seen by some Democrats to be at odds with Harris’ push for a vigorous and younger ticket, the sources said.
There also was concern among some Democrats about elevating Mark Robinson, North Carolina’s Republican lieutenant governor whom the state constitution says would perform the governor’s duties when the governor is absent from the state.
Other Democrats in the state and Washington, DC, told CNN that Cooper may instead look at the 2026 Senate race for the seat currently held by Republican Thom Tillis.
Polling and extensive research is underway for other top Democratic running mate contenders, sources said, including Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro and Arizona Sen. Mark Kelly. Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg are also seen as prospective running mates.
CNN has reached out to a representative for Cooper. The Harris campaign declined to comment.

Lieutenant Daniels

I’m up for Major
Daps
Reppin
Major case squad
Me too man… NC voters seeks to be sensible(sometimes) I hope they keep it up with this one

It’s weird because we’ve had a Democrat governor but conservative Congress. I think they will remain the same after November. We REALLY need to flip Congress.

Mr Bubbles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
SMH, this is what they think about us. Won't even go off to be VP because it would mean a black man would be governor. What're they afraid of? The black Donald Trump? That means he's gonna cut us some CHECKS! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Smart move. All the focus there should be on beating Robinson, who is insane.
Well Coop is on the way out. Josh Stein got to make that happen. I like how Coop was like I don’t want that crazy man to have any governor powers lol. Keep him out of that seat :hubie:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
SMH, this is what they think about us. Won't even go off to be VP because it would mean a black man would be governor. What're they afraid of? The black Donald Trump? That means he's gonna cut us some CHECKS! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!
:why: