NBC Universal merging with Warner Media?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AT&T can’t buy Comcast. If anything apple or Amazon might buy something

Smaller companies acquire larger companies all the time. This isn’t happening though as AT&T doesn’t want to sell HBO Max. They’re still trying to compete with Netflix and Disney. And Brian Roberts is never selling his father’s company either. Comcast is getting destroyed by cord cutting. They need streaming to work. Maybe they’ll spin them into separate companies, and combine the two, like Viacom/CBS except they’ll both share the National Amusements role on a 50/50 basis but, I don’t know if AT&T feels like it needs Comcast as their streaming app is much better than what Comcast is offering. I can see why Comcast wants that deal as they suck but, I don’t see why AT&T would want that deal or why they’d give up control.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

This could happen in 2024 because I don’t trust the government to enforce anti trust laws. They only enforce them when a medium size business tries to merge to take on the big boys. It would horrible and tragic to the film industry. Less studios means less diverse movies. Goddammit, 20th Century Fox fell to Disney making one less studio. This does not need to happen to WB too.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

This could happen in 2024 because I don’t trust the government to enforce anti trust laws. They only enforce them when a medium size business tries to merge to take on the big boys. It would horrible and tragic to the film industry. Less studios means less diverse movies. Goddammit, 20th Century Fox fell to Disney making one less studio. This does not need to happen to WB too.

i hear that but both Universal and WB produce all types of films. FOX going to Disney was worse because everyone realized they'd never really do much w/ 20th Century FOX

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
There will still be Amazon, Netflix, Apple, Paramount and others all still out there.

Plenty of content and content creators and new ones will spring up. There's more IP now than ever.

DC Comics deserves solid footing and a clean slate.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Smaller companies acquire larger companies all the time. This isn’t happening though as AT&T doesn’t want to sell HBO Max. They’re still trying to compete with Netflix and Disney. And Brian Roberts is never selling his father’s company either. Comcast is getting destroyed by cord cutting. They need streaming to work. Maybe they’ll spin them into separate companies, and combine the two, like Viacom/CBS except they’ll both share the National Amusements role on a 50/50 basis but, I don’t know if AT&T feels like it needs Comcast as their streaming app is much better than what Comcast is offering. I can see why Comcast wants that deal as they suck but, I don’t see why AT&T would want that deal or why they’d give up control.
Fast forward I was right

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Grace put together this pretty chart detailing why Universal would want to do this:ehh:
Goverment would probably make them sell CNN to someone immediately if they were to approve it

FdDrDXGXkAA_lLC

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Grace put together this pretty chart detailing why Universal would want to do this:ehh:
Goverment would probably make them sell CNN to someone immediately if they were to approve it

FdDrDXGXkAA_lLC
yeah I was going to share grace's video
she gets a lot of stuff wrong but there was some great tidbits In that video
it makes perfect sense for Comcast to do something like this
it's almost like the stars are aligned for them

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
yeah I was going to share grace's video
she gets a lot of stuff wrong but there was some great tidbits In that video
it makes perfect sense for Comcast to do something like this
it's almost like the stars are aligned for them

Some people on here are gonna be hypocrites Lol. When Disney bought Marvel/Star Wars and then merged (or bought 20th century Fox) it was celebrated by most people..

now all of a sudden this merger would be "bad" hmm.. Personally i didn't want any mergers but that's me

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Some people on here are gonna be hypocrites Lol. When Disney bought Marvel/Star Wars and then merged (or bought 20th century Fox) it was celebrated by most people..

now all of a sudden this merger would be "bad" hmm.. Personally i didn't want any mergers but that's me
I think this is due to apple and amazon getting into the movie game
the only way they could win is by combining together or be bought by them eventually

Last edited:

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps

The reason this makes people uncomfortable is because unlike Disney buying Fox as two media organizations, Comcast having all that IP and being a service provider is concerning.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The reason this makes people uncomfortable is because unlike Disney buying Fox as two media organizations, Comcast having all that IP and being a service provider is concerning.

That should be concerning my only point is Disney set the wheels in motion for the "super team" era :russ:

Disney notoriously has attempted to sandbag physical media as well