Nbc News segment about gossip site pivoting to covering politics

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Ok, posted before watching it.

In the Amber Rose speaks at RNC threads, I posted an article that mentioned that she was one of 70 influencers recruited to the event.

All from different segments and famous to different youth audiences.

This news story mentions Trump campaign trying to reach the TSR audience as well.
This pivoting seems funny to me because a clown will always be a clown, and I lump celeb gossip sites together as clowns. But serious Black news media doesn't really generate the kind of revenue to sustain itself, so entertainment blogs/sites is where the eyeballs are.

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
People dont find it disrespectful that they keep trying to push that black people get their political stances from blogs?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
People dont find it disrespectful that they keep trying to push that black people get their political stances from blogs?

This very sub-forum is overrun by adults repeating the stances and catchphrases of YTers podcasters bloggers verbatim. It is openly embraced and promoted here.
So there is a segment that does. Perhaps a bigger segment than we think. I think the term is low information voters.
We can't pretend that they don't exist, or that politicians won't craft messaging to reach them.

MrFettuccinnePockets

#TeamGuapele
Supporter
Daps
This very sub-forum is overrun by adults repeating the stances and catchphrases of YTers podcasters bloggers verbatim. It is openly embraced and promoted here.
So there is a segment that does. Perhaps a bigger segment than we think. I think the term is low information voters.
We can't pretend that they don't exist, or that politicians won't craft messaging to reach them.
But to act like thats all black people are is where it gets disrespectful and black people are tired of it.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've said it before but these blog sites are dangerous and spread nothing but misinformation, rumors, and attack other black people. They never fact check anything before posting it. Now they are trying to legitimize them as a black media source.