NBA Exploring Starting New Tournament Or League In Europe

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The NBA is exploring the possibility of creating an annual tournament or a new league in Europe, Adam Silver told Tim Reynolds of AP.

“We certainly haven’t made any definitive decisions. I continue to believe there’s enormous opportunity here. It’s not something where we’ll transform a league structure in the short term.

"But I think that there’s an appetite among our team owners for additional investment in global basketball," said Silver.

The NBA has been talking about expanding into Europe for decades, according to Silver. He did add that current talks with FIBA are "much more serious" due to the league's new media rights.

A potential new competition would not replace the current European basketball setup.

"Whatever we do here, I think it’s important that it’s additive to the European basketball structure," said Silver.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't mind another "G League" as a type of secondary league for them based in Europe against the competition there

But to have the actual NBA teams continually go back and forth in Europe to have games there, not sure that would work

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
If they put it on TV here I'd watch the fukk out of that shyt, especially during the regular NBA off season.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Probably a lower level league ..Below NBA level but around Europe’s level.

So when guys like D12,Boogie,Kemba or whoever start to fade away they’ll have a place with NBA branding to play overseas instead of going to Taiwan or whatever .

Also have NBA rules so you can see which Euro players game could translate over here to our game