Naughty Dog Seeking to Bring Studio Trademark Ambition and Quality to Multiplayer Project

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The details of this project remain very much under-wraps, but its scale seems to grow with each soundbite released. The original Factions proved an extremely popular part of The Last of Us and The Last of Us Remastered, but it seems like the Californian team has outrageously large plans for its successor. Sony, incidentally, has also been hunting for big multiplayer hits.

Careers || Naughty Dog

LEVEL / ENVIRONMENT DESIGNER (MULTIPLAYER)
Embark on Naughty Dog’s newest adventure – the studio’s first standalone multiplayer game! We’re seeking to bring the same level of ambition and quality of our signature, story-driven games to this unique multiplayer project. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact in your discipline and craft an experience that will be enjoyed and shared by millions of players around the world.

Our level design process is based around giving the designer the maximum amount of control and flexibility over the design of the space: rather than assembling prefabs, our level designers model directly in 3D. If you're someone who can create realistic spaces with strong identity and compelling gameplay, we would love to talk to you!

Careers || Naughty Dog

GAMEPLAY SCRIPTER (MULTIPLAYER - TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT)
Embark on Naughty Dog’s newest adventure – the studio’s first standalone multiplayer game! We’re seeking to bring the same level of ambition and quality of our signature, story-driven games to this unique multiplayer project. This is a rare opportunity to make an impact in your discipline and craft an experience that will be enjoyed and shared by millions of players around the world.

Our powerful scripting language is foundational both to our trademark polish as well as the rapid prototyping of new systems and mechanics. If you know how to get impressive results from a game engine quickly and are excited join an innovative multiplayer team, we’d love to talk to you!

Naughty Dog Seeking to Bring Studio's Trademark Ambition and Quality to Multiplayer Project

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope they reveal this soon as I'm VERY interested in a high-quality MP game that's not a FPS(though I do love COD now).

‘yeah I loved uncharted 4 mp, I’m more into the idea of online mp when it’s 3rd person I guess

Last edited:

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
2 things:

Factions will be GOTY whenever it drops.
Savage Starlight next please?

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Meh, couldn't care less about multiplayer, give me more single player piff.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This was fun back in the day

VwEOpN.gif

giphy.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was fun back in the day

VwEOpN.gif

giphy.gif
Nah, I'm a HUGE Uncharted fan especially when it comes to the MP but Uncharted 4 was a mild disappointment.

They didn't really support the game past late 2017 so that was about a 1yr and some change of support.

The downed state in the MP was jarring as is the super powers that they integrated in the game. I ended up playing classic mode most of the time. In the end, the buzz I got from Uncharted 2 MP and UC3 to an extent didn't really manifest here. I didn't put as much time into UC4 MP unlike 2 where I played it for probably hundreds of hours.

If I were to make a bullet point list of what I didn't like it would be
  • Fundamental changes to the core gameplay(downed state imitating TLOU, mysticals, sidekicks)
  • Lack of good maps. Most of the maps abandoned the symmetrical layout and instead gave asymmetrical maps that were visually boring for the most part. I enjoyed UC2+3 maps way more than I did in 4.
  • No more co-op adventure
  • Short-lived support e.g. no new content past 2017
The shooting mechanics and animations were top notch but everything else kept it from being a classic like UC2 was.

I wish ND simply added the MP to the Uncharted collection and drop it on Steam with new maps or something. Uncharted 2 was plain and simple.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as i wouldve loved them to make some multi ip on the quality level of Uncharted or Last of Us i wouldnt want them to spread themselves too thin. Focus on what u doin the best which is truly emotional single player experiences dont tarnish your name treading on untested grounds.

Daps
No way Factions 2 is coming out in 2021
Might be a summer 2022 release bundled alongside the TLOU Remake and maybe a TLOU2 PS5 version