Natural Ladies, what is your natural story/ experience ?

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
1.Why did you really go natural?

Because I'm a guy

2. What was your experience with/ thoughts of of your hair before?

Always been "natural" plus I have natural curly hair :ld:

3. Have you ever backslid?

No ma'am only the finest juices and berries

4. Did something discourage/has someone or something either discouraged you?

No... I'm a man
5. Would you ever get a perm again?

Never had one.

6. Regrets?

I'm embarrassed to be answering these questions

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
You are truly a terrible hyoomin bean. :ld:

tumblr_nan1l1p9yR1r8vo7wo2_500.png

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
1.Why did you really go natural?

2. What was your experience with/ thoughts of of your hair before?

3. Have you ever backslid?

4. Did something discourage/has someone or something either discouraged you?

5. Would you ever get a perm again?

6. Regrets?

I went natural after really considering it for a while. I grew tired of relaxers making my hair feel heavy. I had gone natural many times before but had fallen off the wagon & gone back to perms. I also wore my hIr short too. After I broke up with my beautician & struggled to find a replacement. The lady who I tried to replace my beautician convinced me to my last perm by telling me my hair was just as healthy & grew just as much with my hair relaxed. (Lies!!) After three times leaving her shop looking like a black Golden Girl, I never went back. It was the best time to go natural.

Would I go back? I doubt it, I mentioned in another thread that I saw a picture of myself, more so my hair when I was 10. It was so full & perm free. I wanted that again. I don't regret it, my hair is growing. But I do regret begging my mom for my first perm. (:pacspit: Just For Me commercials! )

Oh I also regret teasing a girl in school for not ever getting a perm. I was such a bytch

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You're bald?

Also I think the whole natural wave is :noah: but I think I'm one of the few that will admit that I have no problem with weaves. There's this girl I work with that's natural and she's had the baby fro since I've been there, her shyt just won't grow and it looks terrible on her.
How long has it been short? I've treated my hair like shyt, and it still reaches my shoulders.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
1. Once it was cut due to damage around 6th grade my permed hair would not grow past my shoulders, literally years and no discernable growth due to constant breakage.I have zero styling skills so one day in 1994 after school I shaved it all off

2. When I had long flowing permed hair from around 6? To 12 years old all I got were compliments

3. I had a texturizer in 2002 but I big chopped all that hair again in maybe 2004?

4. My mother's side of the family are all high yellow with straight or wavy Caucasian textured hair and they would always ask me some variation of "when am I gonna get my hair did".

I have had strangers yell at me in public to "comb my hair" ect

Everyone always wants to know "how long is it when you straighten it" and a supposed friend said she would straighten it for me and "it would look so pretty"

Sigh

5. I was planning on getting Japanese straightening around a year ago, but was thankfully talked out of it

6. I wished I hadn't cut it all off so many times over the years when it got to that frustrating midlength stage and I hate when I've been too lazy to detangle and it transforms into a matted mess

I know so much about this life. :mjcry:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
1. Once it was cut due to damage around 6th grade my permed hair would not grow past my shoulders, literally years and no discernable growth due to constant breakage.I have zero styling skills so one day in 1994 after school I shaved it all off

2. When I had long flowing permed hair from around 6? To 12 years old all I got were compliments

3. I had a texturizer in 2002 but I big chopped all that hair again in maybe 2004?

4. My mother's side of the family are all high yellow with straight or wavy Caucasian textured hair and they would always ask me some variation of "when am I gonna get my hair did".

I have had strangers yell at me in public to "comb my hair" ect

Everyone always wants to know "how long is it when you straighten it" and a supposed friend said she would straighten it for me and "it would look so pretty"

Sigh

5. I was planning on getting Japanese straightening around a year ago, but was thankfully talked out of it

6. I wished I hadn't cut it all off so many times over the years when it got to that frustrating midlength stage and I hate when I've been too lazy to detangle and it transforms into a matted mess

I know so much about this life. :mjcry:

Me too :mjcry: headed there now