Nathan Fielder x The Safdie Brothers The Curse Showtime Series

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt got me wondering if Emma Stone is really that good of an actress or if she is really just an insufferable bytch in real life :dead:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I demand this thread to be stickied!!!:birdman:
The fact that this amazing show is on the third page, lets me know the IQ of this place has dropped.

@MidniteJay @Ciggavelli check this show out. It is so good.

ETA: Whole lot of cacs in this thread. :skip:
Yeah, it's been on my radar since it dropped. I've been downloading the episodes as the come out and will watch them all once the season is over. 4K rips too :blessed:

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Whitney's an evil, evil bytch.
Ehy did her smug friend randomly brcame a masseuse? Did she book her on purpose?
Is she now trapped in the marriage?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Absolutely loving this show. The main leads are bringing their A-game on the acting front, even Fielder who I was cautious about at first. That hypnotic OPN score. It has comedic moments akin to something I’d catch on an episode of Curb but there’s also this ominous undercurrent throughout it all that never fails to make me so uncomfortable. Uncomfortable in a good, keep me intrigued weekly way though. I kinda agree with the comparisons to Lynch’s works.

Benny Safdie is someone who I can actually tolerate as both a director and actor. Usually I roll my eyes when people attempt this because not only is it hard to pull off, but it can come across as self-indulgent. Not getting that vibe at all from him here. He’s been on a roll. Between this, ‘Oppenheimer’, and ‘Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret’ as of lately, it’s hard to argue his versatility in acting.

Lastly, I genuinely think Emma Stone is the greatest actress working right now. Enjoying the hell out of this era of dark, complex characters she’s tackling now. Green Queens and Lady Frankensteins. It’s like she’s operating in another dimension compared to the others. They got Jennifer Lawrence out here in roles that Stone grew out of 15 years ago (referring to ‘No Hard Feelings’). :mjlol:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I demand this thread to be stickied!!!:birdman:
The fact that this amazing show is on the third page, lets me know the IQ of this place has dropped.

@MidniteJay @Ciggavelli check this show out. It is so good.

ETA: Whole lot of cacs in this thread. :skip:
Less of an IQ thing and more so it’s just a gem of a show that’s going under the radar in large part due to its streaming home.

I tip my hat to Showtime for giving obscure stuff like The Curse and Twin Peaks: The Return their televised runs, but I’ll always wonder how many more eyes would’ve been glued to this had it been on HBO/Max. Hell, ‘The Rehearsal’ had more buzz than this.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Less of an IQ thing and more so it’s just a gem of a show that’s going under the radar in large part due to its streaming home.

I tip my hat to Showtime for giving obscure stuff like The Curse and Twin Peaks: The Return their televised runs, but I’ll always wonder how many more eyes would’ve been glued to this had it been on HBO/Max. Hell, ‘The Rehearsal’ had more buzz than this.

I enjoyed The Rehearsal much more than this :hubie:, but I agree that the streaming home plays a factor on the audience. Even still the construction of the show isn't really something that is geared to or would attract a large audience.

That last scene in the hotel was :wow:though.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the finale, breh WTF :bryan:. Since it's early

I never would have expected the whole Ashur floating situation to play out like that and for so long. For a second, I was like has this dude been a vampire or alien this whole time :skip:. Then to have him just float awhile into space, while Whitney game birth and Dougie is crying.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Just watched the finale, breh WTF :bryan:. Since it's early

I never would have expected the whole Ashur floating situation to play out like that and for so long. For a second, I was like has this dude been a vampire or alien this whole time :skip:. Then to have him just float awhile into space, while Whitney game birth and Dougie is crying.
Funny how they had a character from ‘The Sopranos’ make a cameo. Another show that throws a massive curveball at the audiences with its ending, and people are still talking about it 25 years later. Will that happen with this show? Remains to be seen, but I doubt it…

I’m wildly mixed on this finale. Writing wasn’t as strong as the rest of the show and it comes across as a cop-out. Will stay picking out the pieces that I liked, and wondering about the loose ends that never got resolved. It has balls though, and I respect that.

Already seeing theories about how it was really Asher committing suicide and Whitney who woke up to discover her dead husband hanging from the ceiling. Like…nah. Asher woke up on the ceiling, and flew up into outer space. These things clearly happened. :mjlol:

The header. :dead:

lIj7y0t.jpeg

Asher now knows how the rest of Española feels when it comes to unwanted help. :francis:

Last edited: