Albums Nas - The Lost Tapes 2 (Discussion Thread)

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Man .....

I'm a huge Nas Stan

I'm not feeling it brehs ....

Like ...maybe can rock with 4 songs

which 4

Maybe 5 songs I would keep from this

lol which 5
Nas stan, but Queens Bridge Politics is the only one that caught my ear. This is off first listen so I'll def be running this back. Tbh though LT1 set the bar too high for LT2.

damn did yu skip the first 10 or so tracks

rza shyt bonkers.
Y'all really don't like Royalty??

hook slowed it dwn for me. felt like an upgrade to blk girl lost 2. fire tho ima jus drop the hook

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And its crazy cause I dont mind Carti or Migos, but its like one mediocre album got nikkas thinking he Eminem status now :mjcry: real talk tho I think Vlad got nikkas running with that bad beat picker shyt
I’m glad Nas don’t listen to. Nasayers but it seems his fans are to engrossed in what the naysayers have to say. Vlad is a no body and those who hate on Nas been doing so since 1991. When you have haters you doing something right.

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Something about Vernon Family bothers me... i feel like Pharrell should've done a hook on there cuz for that type of beat that he gave Nas, Nas gave out a lazy ass hook for it. That beat man, just had a single potential even with all the hard sh*t nas was spittin. Should've been more than what it was, something like Hov and Pharrel's "I know". but oh well :yeshrug:

Taco

All Star
Daps
which 4

lol which 5

damn did yu skip the first 10 or so tracks

rza shyt bonkers.

hook slowed it dwn for me. felt like an upgrade to blk girl lost 2. fire tho ima jus drop the hook
Tbh the beats are coo and the bars are there, but it doesn’t sound cohesive to me. Idk what it is with Nas’ producers but his voice always seems to be too clear and takes away from the beat. Idk but I’ll spin it again in the morning.

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps
Beautiful Life put me in the feels when he started talking about not being able to see his son take his first steps cause I went thru the same shyt. :mjcry:

And I can tell this was cut from the Life is Good album. Just reaffirms to me that's his greatest album from 2010 and beyond IMO.
Beautiful Life shoulda made the cut for LIG, it fits the album theme perfectly, compared to Royalty that was left out which isn't surprising, chorus is really bad just feels like a throwaway, even though Nas spitting some real shyt