Nas - "Life Is Good" First Week Sales Thread **Ends 7/16/12**

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
nas-life-is-good-album-cover.jpg

Rapper Nas decided to feature his ex-wife Kelis' wedding dress on the cover of his new album after feeling "hurt and angry" upon discovering it abandoned at his home.

The rapper poses thoughtfully with the green gown his former bride wore on their 2005 wedding day draped over his lap for his Life Is Good album.
He admits he was upset when he found it at home after their split and channelled his feelings into his latest release, which he likens to Marvin Gaye's 1978 album Here, My Dear, about the soul singer's ill-fated marriage to Anna Gordy.

Nas tells Britain's Guardian, "I found it in my house and thought, it's going somewhere! Either on the cover of my album, or burning in a garbage can. I was angry when I first found it. Hurt and angry - but I don't think she left it deliberately to hurt me. It's just part of the dress, so I don't know where the rest of it is. But it made all the sense in the world for me to... hold on to that. I guess that's just my personality.

"My wedding and my marriage was, for the most part, some of the most amazing times of my life. She's an incredible woman. It just ended really publicly, it seemed real bad. I guess this is my Here, My Dear album, that Marvin Gaye made. It might not be quite so much about the marriage or the divorce, but it's still that kind of record for me."

Salaam Remi, Heavy D, producer duo Da Internz, and No I.D. are so far the only confirmed producer for the album. Nas has called the album a "magic moment" in his rap career while mentioning that Swizz Beatz, DJ Premier, The Alchemist, Dr. Dre, Kanye West and RZA are possible producers on the LP. Producer Bangladesh revealed that he has produced some tracks for the album. Producer Kane Beatz revealed he has recently worked with Nas. Producer/DJ Statik Selektah has also said that he has produced a couple of tracks for the album. Illmatic collaborators Pete Rock and Large Professor are also rumored to have logged studio time or sent beats to Nas for the upcoming album. Pete Rock has confirmed that he is working with Nas via twitter and in a video interview with SB.TV. Speaking on possible producers for the album Nas also revealed: "It's all about who got it. I'm not reaching out to any specific person, really. I did reach out to No I.D. But other than that, people already know that we want to work together. Almost every producer in the game, I had a conversation with. We're just going to see what fits, what makes a marriage together." In an interview with magazine Complex, producer RZA revealed that he had provided Nas with ten productions, although it has not been announced how many of these have been used on the album.

Long-time producer Salaam Remi commented on his production on the album by saying, “If I’m going to do hip-hop, I want it to be something that a mumble-mouth rapper can’t rap on. You better have something to say and be speaking up.” On the whole, Nas' new music cuts against the grain. “I wanted to make a soundtrack that allowed Nas to be Nas,” says No I.D., the renowned rap producer and Def Jam executive who was the other major contributor to the new album. "I don’t have a calculation of what is going on now with the kids, but I just wanted Nas to do what he do."

The G.O.A.T. :to: time to :eat: again.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
he should be able to do more than 200k

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
fukk!!!! I thought this thread was for the album leak :noah:

Still feeling the ether from the Juvenile bet...I dont know about this