Nas - King's Disease III (Discussion Thread)

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Just finished listening to this in the gym, this album is brilliant. I don’t know what’s gotten into Nas but there are pockets on this where he’s rapping like the IWW days :wow:

So far, my standout tracks are Reminisce, First Time, 30, Thun & Once A Man, Twice a Child.

Can’t wait to listen to this again in the car.

Last edited:

419scam

The Super Duper
Daps
Beats trash as usual, pair nas with alchemist or so and he might be able to do a classic album again after his last in the mid 90s

Jamaro85

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting seeing Nas acknowledge/question the stream game and the driving force that it is behind "sales" today:

"What's the cost of a CD? When 1,500 plays is one sale"

But also acknowledge that he isn't going to play the games that a lot of artists/labels probably play with boosting streams:

"Shout to the real ones like us, it's a shortage it seems
I'm underground and over ground and it's never been seen
Real counts on my streams
Got real people tapping in, so that's what that means, indeed"

It means I got nothing but the real checking in. We locked in. All the way. :wow:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
Beats trash as usual, pair nas with alchemist or so and he might be able to do a classic album again after his last in the mid 90s
Respect to your opinion but ima have to respectfully disagree. Album hits a zone NaS never has stayed. shyt is upbeat, energetic, gangsta, yet woke it’s album has a dope aura of the foulness & hope.

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
People are saying this is their least favorite from the trilogy, but I think this is the best one. Production-wise and lyrically.

Last two projects, Magic and KD3, Nas has been sounding like '97-'98 Nas to me, again. He said recently that he's been inspired lately, and you can hear it on this joint. This is the Nas that was missing for a minute. He's sounding like he's truly back in his zone again. 17 tracks, and on the first few listens, there's only like 3-4 I couldn't get with. Really dope project, so far. They went in on this one!
Which people:mjtf: