Naruto Hot Take: Kakashi is not a Good Teacher

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I can't give the bulk of the credit to Jiraya when Naruto coming back from three years of training with him just got a handle on the basics. It seems like if Kakashi can be criticized for being too hands-off then surely Jiraiya would be as well? But I personally don't think he did a bad job, I think he gave him what he needed at the time given that Naruto still had terrible fundamentals at that point.

But Kakashi not only helped Naruto find out his elemental nature and was key in him creating the Fuuton Rasenshuriken (that would carry him for the rest of the manga), he discovered the best training method of all time, specifically crafted for his student: clone experience.

That allowed Naruto to get years of experience in a couple of days/weeks and catch up on Sasuke as well as the strongest shinobis of his time, plus the core principle allowed him to later learn to manage sage chakra. He never could have done that without Kakashi and might have peaked at ~Chunin level.

If I come to you when you're a young basketball player and I give you a training method that'll give you the equivalent of 10 years of training in 2 weeks, you'd probably call me the goat sensei no question asked.

For Sakura, I get it. He could have thrown her something genjutsu related or made the connection with Kurenai.

Asuma deserves just as much credit as he is a wind style user and was just as instrumental to Naruto learning the Rashuriken or whatever. I still stand by Might Guy and Asuma being definitively better sensei.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Sakura had a good home life. She didn't need the constant emotional reinforcement that Naruto and Sasuke needed. In the end Kakashi taught them how to function in a team setting, before each became a protégé to one of the three legendary Sanin.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Gotdamn….

First off… this is a great as thread. Well done @feelosofer

Second…. Man so many of y’all making som really good points.

I’m trynna poke wholes or break some of y’all points but y’all got y’all shyt tight.

Asuka definitely was a great teacher….. guy too.

Man… y’all got me thinking.

It do feel like Naruto feels like Jairiya is more of his teacher than Kakashe so that speaks a lot

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Kakashi wasn’t a good teacher he was a student of the Fourth so he had enough of a connection to Naruto to not be scared of him and he had a Sharingan so he could help Sasuke develop his. Sakura was just on the team, but I would argue he actually did right by her the most when he saved her from being slaughtered by Sasuke. He was the team leader because honestly Naruto and Sasuke were pariahs and would have been more powerful as kids than most of the other teachers.

All of his students better teachers were their Sanin teachers except maybe Sasuke who learned most his skills on the streets by killing other ninjas. shyt the Chidori kept him alive out there so maybe Kakashi was a good teacher.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Sakura had a good home life. She didn't need the constant emotional reinforcement that Naruto and Sasuke needed. In the end Kakashi taught them how to function in a team setting, before each became a protégé to one of the three legendary Sanin.

Its funny because Sakura was adopted. Her parents are her aunt and uncle. So she had to keep a perfect persona as a way of not causing trouble. She needed help as well. As a teacher its ok to have favorites. Each of the Jounin had favorite students but they didn't neglect the other students. Hell Guy had two students that he literally had to train from nothing and a similar to Sasuke student in Neji who he had to help heal emotionally.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Nah he knew early on they would outpower, disrespect, and disregard him if he kept it a buck and laid it all out early on. So he had to go the mr. miyagi route. gojo from jujutsu kaisen did the same shyt.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I agree, but I don’t completely fault Kakashi on it. Some of the blame goes to Hiruzen and, to an extremely lesser degree, Iruka.

Hear me out.

For the sake of Anime Logic, I understand why it didn’t happen. But once it came out that a high ranking official in charge of helping mold the next generation of shinobi (Mizuki) was not only a traitor, but actively sabotaged a high priority individual within the confines of the village (The Nine Tails Jinchuriki) and attempted to coerce him into treason?

Everything regarding team selection should’ve been shut down and every file, every record, every piece of paper that passed his desk or may have been stored in his home should’ve been gone over with a fine toothed comb. At minimum, them kids should’ve had to do additional testing within the academy and been vetted further to see if there was any discrepancies in their dossiers since there’s no telling what else he got up to and the class contained ALL the clan heirs.

Now, Jiraiya having to train Naruto up from scratch and fill in the gaps on shyt he should’ve BEEN had fixed is Kakashi’s fault. That’s inexcusable. But The Third not taking a time period to see what other sabotage Mizuki might’ve done in regards to the education of his shinobi, or at least holding off and trying to undo whatever damage he did do corrected, is ultimately what did it.