Naruto Hot Take: Kakashi is not a Good Teacher

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Random thought. I am not claiming to be a Naruto expert. But going through the manga and anime. I came to the conclusion that Kakashi is not a good teacher. Awesome Ninja, great strategist mediocre/bad teacher.

I think the thing that saves him is that Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto all become Kage level Ninjas ultimately.

But I would argue Sakura achieves that despite him. He focuses so much on Naruto because he's an outcast and Sasuke is a moody genius but Sakura was talented in her own right and she kind of gets left in the dust at least early on.

What say you guys. Agree or disagree?

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I agree for Sakura at least. He neglected her in part 1 for Sasuke (personal training and teaching him chidori). In part 2, he neglected her for Naruto (chakra natures, creating a new jutsu based on that, etc). He did a decent enough job of teaching her the basics early on, but everything after that came from Tsunade or on her own.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Kishimo is an awful writer for women:pachaha:Gege>>>>>>>>In that regard

Facts but dig this Asuma to me is a great teacher. He actually sits down and talks shyt with the kids and gets to know them as people. He plays Chess with Shikimaru, lets Ino cry about boys and does fat boy shyt with Chouji as well teach them Ninja shyt. Hell he gives his advice pretty freely in general and seems to care about his job.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Facts but dig this Asuma to me is a great teacher. He actually sits down and talks shyt with the kids and gets to know them as people. He plays Chess with Shikimaru, lets Ino cry about boys and does fat boy shyt with Chouji as well teach them Ninja shyt. Hell he gives his advice pretty freely in general and seems to care about his job.
Asuma the GOAT :wow::mjcry:Shikamaru did it for the gawd:damn::damn::damn:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Any teacher that got Naruto and Sasuke we’re going to be :huhldup:
you got one kid who can go full nuke on you at any moment
and one kid who has serious disturbing issues
I can see why he was like let me focus on these two first.
naruto was such an idiot in part 1 that kakashi must’ve thought he would be good with basic ninja training.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Pretty fair assessment. If anything the responsibility falls on Hiruzen. He thought that because Kakashi could relate due to his own trauma, that meant he'd be a good teacher. Knowing it and teaching through it are two different things.

But ultimately...you work with what you have, not what you wish you had.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Didn’t watch shippiden, but from what I remember Naruto learned his resengan from someone else and sasuke leveled up fukking w orochimaru. I would say op is right he’s a great strategist and mid teacher, saying bad is going too far.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Didn’t watch shippiden, but from what I remember Naruto learned his resengan from someone else and sasuke leveled up fukking w orochimaru. I would say op is right he’s a great strategist and mid teacher, saying bad is going too far.

Definitely left Sakura in the dust when it came to training. Fortunately Tsunade took her under her wing and maximized her talents.

Granted Kakashi taught Sasuke the Chidori but all in all those three basically had to become students of the SaNin before they really got anywhere.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Without Kakashi, Naruto never gets to even dream about reaching the level he eventually gets to.

And for the time he had him under his wing, he did good for Sasuke and actually tried.

Just for that you can't say he's anything less than a great sensei. But you could call him the GOAT just off what he did for Naruto imo.

You could say he missed with Sakura but 1) priorities 2) he knew he couldn't have done a better job than Tsunade when it comes to her, which is another sign of a good sensei: knowing your own limitations.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Pretty fair assessment. If anything the responsibility falls on Hiruzen. He thought that because Kakashi could relate due to his own trauma, that meant he'd be a good teacher. Knowing it and teaching through it are two different things.

But ultimately...you work with what you have, not what you wish you had.

This. Lord Third's plan to make a stone cold ANBU a Team Captain was the most ridiculous shyt.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Without Kakashi, Naruto never gets to even dream about reaching the level he eventually gets to.

And for the time he had him under his wing, he did good for Sasuke and actually tried.

Just for that you can't say he's anything less than a great sensei. But you could call him the GOAT just off what he did for Naruto imo.

You could say he missed with Sakura but 1) priorities 2) he knew he couldn't have done a better job than Tsunade when it comes to her, which is another sign of a good sensei: knowing your own limitations.

I'll give you Sasuke.

As for Naruto this kid was nothing else if not ambitious. Sure Kakashi helped him get focused at times but I would still give the bulk of the credit to Jiraiya who made Naruto a way better Ninja.

He doesn't get a pass on punting on Sakura. She had all around talent sans a tailed beast or special bloodline. He could have at least taught her some basic elemental releases or something.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I'll give you Sasuke.

As for Naruto this kid was nothing else if not ambitious. Sure Kakashi helped him get focused at times but I would still give the bulk of the credit to Jiraiya who made Naruto a way better Ninja.

He doesn't get a pass on punting on Sakura. She had all around talent sans a tailed beast or special bloodline. He could have at least taught her some basic elemental releases or something.
I can't give the bulk of the credit to Jiraya when Naruto coming back from three years of training with him just got a handle on the basics. It seems like if Kakashi can be criticized for being too hands-off then surely Jiraiya would be as well? But I personally don't think he did a bad job, I think he gave him what he needed at the time given that Naruto still had terrible fundamentals at that point.

But Kakashi not only helped Naruto find out his elemental nature and was key in him creating the Fuuton Rasenshuriken (that would carry him for the rest of the manga), he discovered the best training method of all time, specifically crafted for his student: clone experience.

That allowed Naruto to get years of experience in a couple of days/weeks and catch up on Sasuke as well as the strongest shinobis of his time, plus the core principle allowed him to later learn to manage sage chakra. He never could have done that without Kakashi and might have peaked at ~Chunin level.

If I come to you when you're a young basketball player and I give you a training method that'll give you the equivalent of 10 years of training in 2 weeks, you'd probably call me the goat sensei no question asked.

For Sakura, I get it. He could have thrown her something genjutsu related or made the connection with Kurenai.