N.W.A. The World's Most Dangerous Group & Hip Hop Greatest Group

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And it was enough to transform the world

NWA Impact > Wu

\\U are over exaggerating...what did NWA transform because all I remember NWA did that stood out was curse on records more then other rappers even tho 2 Live Crew and Too Short were doing the same thing. And the drums on Straight Out Of Compton was east coast shyt that Cube already admitted was Dre trying to be Bomb Squad. Let me here this breakdown of how NWA trasformed the world.

:jbhmm:

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
Wu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

totally different styles. why is wu even being brought up :mjlol:

KMzYj.gif

10:31

Superstar
Daps
\\U are over exaggerating...what did NWA transform because all I remember NWA did that stood out was curse on records more then other rappers even tho 2 Live Crew and Too Short were doing the same thing. And the drums on Straight Out Of Compton was east coast shyt that Cube already admitted was Dre trying to be Bomb Squad. Let me here this breakdown of how NWA trasformed the world.

:jbhmm:

I added each element they infused to the internal fabric of the genre

I literary listed them

They transformed the way the world views our culture

boyonamission

Banned
Daps
Legendary? Absolutely. GOAT? Nah. They don't have anything over Geto Boys, OutKast, UGK, Tribe, Mobb and a few more in terms of discography and talent.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I added each element they infused to the internal fabric of the genre

I literary listed them

They transformed the way the world views our culture
They infused the most popular elements that make the genre what it is today

Rebellion

Profanity

Rage against the system

Misogyny

Aggression

Aggressive intelligence

Gang culture

The only one I can co sign is gang culture and profanity(which I already mentioned) but basically if those are your talking points and thats what u are saying is what helped the world view our culture then thats a terrible thing because thats u saying NWA re inforced stereotypes.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
Wrong

Run DMC were the prototypes for the successful mainstream Rap Group. Which means anything after Run DMC is an extension of Run DMC so any succesful rap group success an extension of the blueprint laid out by Run DMC....Migos are Run DMC

The biggest thing NWA brought to the game was profanity. Run DMC were bigger in the 80's then NWA. FACTS. This family tree thing u talking is something u just made up and a reach. I'm not talking extensions....I'm talking about the actual group. Run DMC again was the prototype but fell off after 1993. NWa broke up in 1991 they made a somewhat comeback with UP In Smoke and the songs Chin Check and HELLO. then made a lil comeback in 2015 with The movie but havent been active since 2000 with Hello. Thats a 15 year GAP since NWA did anything as a group....meanwhile The Wu have put out music all thruout the 2000's and 2010's. Raekwon just put out a banging album thats better then Dres Compton. In the 2000's Wu members made better albums then solo NWA members. Also.....Jam Master Jay getting killed shut down Run DMC.....NWA couldnt get along.....meanwhile.......WU TANG NEVER BROKE UP!!!

NWA will always be 3rdt place behind Run DMC and Wu Tang
Run DMC is Russell Simmons living out his dream through Run, Run didn't even want to Emcee we can thank DMC for talking him into it, those nikkas didn't even know how to dress, We can Jam Master Jay for showing.

Bruh I know about The Sun of Kurtis Blow, I mean Run and Run DMC. RUN DMC is One of the greatest groups of All Times
Top 3 on my list.

But what knock them down was following the trend of current artist to stay revelant
From LL Cool J, New Jack Swing to Hardcore East Coast Style.

shyt even The Kings was influence by NWA

Last edited:

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps
Gonna have to go with wu tang bruh. Liquid swords, ob4cl, sc, 36 chambers etc are just outta this world.

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
n-w-a-straight-outta-compton-album-cover.jpg

Straight Outta Compton (1988–1989)
N.W.A released their debut studio album, Straight Outta Compton, in 1988. With its famous opening salvo of three tracks, the group reflected the rising anger of the urban youth. The opening song "Straight Outta Compton" introduced the group, "fukk tha Police" protested police brutality and racial profiling, and "Gangsta Gangsta" painted the worldview of the inner-city youth. While the group was later credited with pioneering the burgeoning sub genre of gangsta rap, N.W.A referred to their music as "reality rap."

Dr. Dre and DJ Yella, as HighPowered Productions, composed the beats for each song, with Dre making occasional rapping appearances. Ice Cube and MC Ren wrote most of the group's lyrics, including "fukk tha Police," perhaps the group's most notorious song, which brought them into conflict with various law enforcement agencies.

1990NWAPhotoshot250815.hero_.jpg

Under pressure from Focus on the Family, Milt Ahlerich, an assistant director of the FBI, sent a letter to Ruthless and its distributing company Priority Records, advising the rappers that "advocating violence and assault is wrong and we in the law enforcement community take exception to such action." This letter can still be seen at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio. Policemen refused to provide security for the group's concerts, hurting their plans to tour. Nonetheless, the FBI's letter only served to draw more publicity to the group.

Straight Outta Compton was also one of the first albums to adhere to the new Parental Advisory label scheme, then still in its early stages: the label at the time consisted of "WARNING: Moderate impact coarse language and/or themes" only. However, the taboo nature of N.W.A's music was the most important factor of its mass appeal. Media coverage compensated for N.W.A's lack of airplay and their album eventually went double platinum.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Run DMC is Russell Simmons living out his dream through Run, Run didn't even want to Emcee we can thank DMC for talking him into it, those nikkas didn't even know how to dress, We can Jam Master Jay for showing.

..Eazy didnt wanna emcee, we can thank Dr Dre for talking him into it. Dr Dre and Yella were doing R&B first wearing make up and jumped to doing raps with curses and looking street when they failed as an R&B group.

Also....When u look at the Down With The King video....u see Eazy E paying homage to them u dont see anyone in Run DMC in any NWA videos. Also...When speaking on staying relevant I notice u forgot that Run had one of the most successful reality shows last decade. Not only was it successful but it was positive.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
NWA were part of the greatest era. I put them on equal footing with Public Enemy and Run DMC. But you can't forget how great Big Daddy Kane, Rakim and Slick Rick were either. NWA stands out cause they put the West on the map in a real way. Before them we was bumping EPMD real heavy out here cause of the funk influence

When Eazy dropped he really captured the swag of an LA nikka for the youth. Ice T was the OG but he still had a heavy East Coast influence to his music with the whole Zulu/ Afrika Islam connection.

Eazy shyt was just like taking a snap shot of how young nikkas was dressing and moving at that time. A lot of folks don't realize that whole khaki/Nike Cortez/White Tee style was our uniform you didn't even have to be in a gang. NWA casual attitude towards violence and profanity definitely captured the imagination of a whole generation of fans but what made teh shyt so powerful that's just how nigus was living out here for better or worse. :yeshrug:

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
..Eazy didnt wanna emcee, we can thank Dr Dre for talking him into it. Dr Dre and Yella were doing R&B first wearing make up and jumped to doing raps with curses and looking street when they failed as an R&B group.

Also....When u look at the Down With The King video....u see Eazy E paying homage to them u dont see anyone in Run DMC in any NWA videos. Also...When speaking on staying relevant I notice u forgot that Run had one of the most successful reality shows last decade. Not only was it successful but it was positive.

You are correct Run DMC did have Eazy E in their video 1) That's when Run DMC ONCE AGAIN Switched up their style to stay revelant with a hardcore sound, even started cussing on their records that had their fans saying they selling out

2) Run DMC was Big NWA fans, when they met Eazy E in NY on the elevator after STOC dropped they told EAZY E how dope the album is and how they fans of the group