N.O.R.E. & DJ EFN's Drink Champs Podcast Episode 10: Benzino & Dave Mays

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
he may have censored it after the fact because of his friendship with Zino but i assumed the other chick they were talking about was Foxy Brown, i can't think of anyone else it would be.

Lauryn Hill? :russ: Seriously, if Nore wants to censor it, take out that whole part of the conversation & splice it, unless you wanted people to know who Kim smashed for the look. I call BS on all kinds of levels on this shyt. :patrice:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Lauryn Hill? :russ: Seriously, if Nore wants to censor it, take out that whole part of the conversation & splice it, unless you wanted people to know who Kim smashed for the look. I call BS on all kinds of levels on this shyt. :patrice:

everyone already knows Benzino was smashing Kim anyway, that's been the rumor ever since she got those 5 mics. i even heard the same about Dave Mays. i suppose this other chick could be Lauryn but it wouldn't be such a big deal if she got 4 or 5 mics because she's a capable MC

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
everyone already knows Benzino was smashing Kim anyway, that's been the rumor ever since she got those 5 mics. i even heard the same about Dave Mays. i suppose this other chick could be Lauryn but it wouldn't be such a big deal if she got 4 or 5 mics because she's a capable MC
Who knows, I think I could come up with some better questions, ask him about Benzino's father. Ask him about Jay Electronica's role in the Benzino entourage. But to be honest, if Benzino is going to be like "I cant be saying all that" Get off the microphone & leave the bottle on the table. :francis:

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what I was saying about podcasts, they are censoring like crazy because the publicists and lawyers are freaking out. Somehow they think "If this isn't mentioned on a podcast" These dummies don't understand message boards & social media going to fly this shyt whatever you censor. He didn't censor "Five Mics" There are only so many female artists in hip hop who are allowed to make albums.

Now NORE is doing what he said he wouldn't do. Don't do it, you are going to end as stale as Funkmaster Flex sit downs " I see where you going with that, ohhh myyy gaaaaahhhhh Yo, that's craaaazzzzy"
Damn man that's crazy smmfh..... Politics gon, politic tho. Smh...

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
what artists do you feel like are pretty much locks to be guests for this podcast?

..im surprised busta hasn't shown up yet :russ:
I will bet money Troy Ave is going to come on there and start ranting his whole weirdo philosophy. Have him explain the whole weirdo thing til listeners just keel over from boredom. I dare anyone to sit through 2 hours of that.

NYK Loyalist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's interesting how they didn't mention Jonathan "Shecky Green" Schecter when they were talking about the beginning of the magazine. Mays acting like he founded it himself :stopitslime:

Also there is no way the writers had full say on the mics when they were getting advertising money from the labels. If you look back at the ratings most albums got at least 3 or 3 1/2 which is like saying the majority of albums were above average which is not true. There were a lot of albums that deserved 1's and 2's :rudy:

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
He said Q-Tip's gonna be on there...

Wouldn't be surprised if he got Busta

Would be nice to see Nas, Jay, Fif, Cam, Nature, Ross, Snoop

I'd like to see Rhymefest & see him get angry about some pointless shyt that Nore said. :mjlol:

Last edited:

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was the BEST one. I was dying.

I can't believe y'all were hype off Made Men ads. I said I'm not fallin for this ish. But you can't front on Hangmen 3 beats. We laughed at Made Men gettin 4.5. Matter of fact, when I get home, I'm gonna see if I still have that one.
This is how I feel exactly. This was the best one, even better than the Fat Joe ep. Even with the censored shyt it's still a fire episode

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Before like 2001 or so, or really when XXL came into the picture, The Source was the dopest thing I could imagine...I used to buy those with change and shyt, or cash in gift cards at bookstores....I was reading The Source in the 6th grade, I went to a friends birthday, around the time one of those 'Best of' issues was out, must have been early 98, and I just read the magazine for most of the night on the couch....It had a review of AZ 'Pieces Of a Man' too. Before the internet, that was the way I got exposed to all the new shyt, I found Shyne from the Source in the unsigned hype page I think, 50 Cent too, in the hot tape section, 'How To Rob'....If I could buy like 98-2000 issues I would, I lost all mine, or maybe they are buried in some storage somewhere.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's interesting how they didn't mention Jonathan "Shecky Green" Schecter when they were talking about the beginning of the magazine. Mays acting like he founded it himself :stopitslime:

Also there is no way the writers had full say on the mics when they were getting advertising money from the labels. If you look back at the ratings most albums got at least 3 or 3 1/2 which is like saying the majority of albums were above average which is not true. There were a lot of albums that deserved 1's and 2's :rudy:

But if you saw 3.5 mics, you knew that shyt was average as hell. That meant buy if you were a die hard fan. Anything under 3 and you wouldn't even pay attention to it.

imirza

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who knows, I think I could come up with some better questions, ask him about Benzino's father. Ask him about Jay Electronica's role in the Benzino entourage. But to be honest, if Benzino is going to be like "I cant be saying all that" Get off the microphone & leave the bottle on the table. :francis:
Always wondered about Benzino's father as well. I heard stories he was connected to some made men?