My take on why certain AA's aren't flourishing under Obama

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
It's simple...AA's don't take advantage of SBA loans as much as other minorities do. They also have shorter survival rates.

Obama's budget aggressively pushed initiatives to increase ownership of Black Businesses (from the MBDA website):

Unfortunately, AA's do NOT take advantage of available resources that would allow them to create their own jobs and businesses. Instead, I see a bunch of whining and complaining about not getting a job like it's a god-given right to have one. What the MBDA offers is literally free (courses, seminars, training, think-tanks for start-ups, etc), but AA's are not taking advantage.

Right now, I work for a large-sized federal contractor. There are a large number of federal contracts that only allow MBEs and WBEs to bid on that service. The pool for MBEs is small, but sometimes just existing alone is good enough to get the contract (you can win a contract and just subcontract to a firm like the big boys do).

It is not Obama's fault people aren't tapping into these available resources. Asians and Hispanics are thriving off of SBA's. Hispanics are using SBA's at a rate almost double what AA's and Asians use combined.

There is NO EXCUSE. Even if your idea is a simple weave store in the hood, that should be good enough to get a lone:francis:. There should be no reason why Asians own the majority of stores in predominantly AA areas. None at all.
What about that pesky thing called bad credit?

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
What about that pesky thing called bad credit?

commercial credit markets are tight as fukk but the government takes like 80% of the risk with SBA loans. That and you
get to satisfy CRA requirements if it's a minority, woman, etc. But FICO scores still play into it. I wouldn't apply unless you got like a 650 more likely 700.

Last edited:

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
ehhh whatever...continue being broke and gtfo of my thread

ps you didn't make a point worth addressing, chump

yV50dkL.gif

Im broke but I made 90k after tax from sept till today.

Anyway thats besides the point. This SBA stuff is nonsense because the majority of people are workers and not owners

Finally, if the owners of these business do not pay their workers living or even decent wages, how will this stimulate the economy? Black people arent flourishing because they dont take advantage of some miniscule program. Thanks op for proving you are an a$$hole.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits

Anyway thats besides the point. This SBA stuff is nonsense because the majority of people are workers and not owners

Finally, if the owners of these business do not pay their workers living or even decent wages, how will this stimulate the economy? Black people arent flourishing because they dont take advantage of some miniscule program. Thanks op for proving you are an a$$hole.

you are mistaken my friend, this is no small program actually the SBA is huge and facilitates a huge chunk of small business lending

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
miniscule program. :francis:

another good program that got expanded (well they got more money) under obama was job corps.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
miniscule program. :francis:

another good program that got expanded (well they got more money) under obama was job corps.

It's really not. I've personally seen it set up multi million dollar businesses in the city.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yea you are broke...no doubt about it

ok dikkhead, so what's the solution? if you don't have a job, no training, no college degree, then what do you do? instead of shytting on a 75 billion dollar "miniscule" program, please tell me what your great ideas are as a black man in this country.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
yea you are broke...no doubt about it

ok dikkhead, so what's the solution? if you don't have a job, no training, no college degree, then what do you do? instead of shytting on a 75 billion dollar "miniscule" program, please tell me what your great ideas are as a black man in this country.

Coming together. That's the only solution. More black businesses hiring black workers. No :birdman:business, actually paying your employees fair wages. However I think it's also important to take over the corporate world as well. I work for a fortune 500 company right now and they're so many black men and women in positions of power it's awe inspiring. And everyone gets along. I love coming to work and seeing my people working next to me because I know that money is supporting a black home.

No plan is perfect but for me I can't imagine working for someone the rest of my live to hopefully get a pension in 50 years if the world didn't end lol

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
It's simple...AA's don't take advantage of SBA loans as much as other minorities do. They also have shorter survival rates.

Obama's budget aggressively pushed initiatives to increase ownership of Black Businesses (from the MBDA website):

Unfortunately, AA's do NOT take advantage of available resources that would allow them to create their own jobs and businesses. Instead, I see a bunch of whining and complaining about not getting a job like it's a god-given right to have one. What the MBDA offers is literally free (courses, seminars, training, think-tanks for start-ups, etc), but AA's are not taking advantage.

Right now, I work for a large-sized federal contractor. There are a large number of federal contracts that only allow MBEs and WBEs to bid on that service. The pool for MBEs is small, but sometimes just existing alone is good enough to get the contract (you can win a contract and just subcontract to a firm like the big boys do).

It is not Obama's fault people aren't tapping into these available resources. Asians and Hispanics are thriving off of SBA's. Hispanics are using SBA's at a rate almost double what AA's and Asians use combined.

There is NO EXCUSE. Even if your idea is a simple weave store in the hood, that should be good enough to get a lone. There should be no reason why Asians own the majority of stores in predominantly AA areas. None at all.
score.org helps brehs. Use these resources.