My quest to lose 30lbs in 2 months begins today..

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
due to injuries and stress, Ive gained a total of 30lbs over the past couple years and about 10 since leaving the military a year ago.

I've picked up a few bad habits over the years of drinking and smoking but i've noticed that i've done it more so recently as stress and frustration has come to a boiling point.. Again.

So today, i start back going to the gym regularly. Due to my leg issues, i will not be running much if at all. At best, i will be walking with a weighted vest (rucking) but doing alternative cardio that mainly consists of boxing workouts, bike riding, lightweight cleans, and eventually to the point where im doing light/fullbody circuit training like i used to.

My main thing will be the drinking and smoking. Its been about 3 days since ive done both. I normally don't do it regularly but when i do, i tend to binge on both. Ive noticed that it's affecting me physically as well as psychology because i look in the mirror and im not so sure i enjoy what i see anymore.

So i want this thread to hold me accountable. Im not saying i will completely stop but the plan is to eventually do so.

So this week i started a new shift as well. One that is more stable and less time sitting in traffic smoking and eating bullshyt. I work nights from 11pm-7am and only have to drive in 3 days out of 5. The plan is to go to the gym afterwork 2 of those days (to miss traffic) and to go before work for 1 of those days with the option of going on an off day.

3-4 days is cool because I do need to rest more. Boxing workouts can be very strenuous on both upperbody and lowerbody and my legs also need more time now unfortunately. All the twisting and pivoting shyts on my knee and ankle sometimes.

I will also be doing variations of fullbody workouts with light weights, high reps, medium sets. I might switch them up at times depending on how i feel or do a cycle...So...

Day 1:

Heavybag work. Light-moderate punches.

Total punches: 2,500+ (yes, I counted. I have a system of sets and reps just like working out).

1,200 weighted punches+1,200 gloved punches

200 crunches (will increase. Meant to be 300 but ran short on time).

3 sets of 15reps bench at 135lbs with 15 seconds isometric holds

2 sets of 30lb bicep curls for 20reps

1 set of hamstring curls x 20reps and 4 sets x 5-8 reps (trying to strengthen those).

Thats it for today. More will be added eventually but i'm trying to do full body not focus too much on individual body parts during these 2 months.

Dinner... Protein powder and salad, no dressing :beli:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
losing that much weight that fast is gonna make you lose some muscle / not bin able to put on any mucle. Eating clean and cutting out liquor and other bullshyt drinks consistently is gonna be a big part of that.

As long as you pacing yourself right and don't overdue it so you wont get reinjured, you should be good. id do more low intensity cardio but that depends on ya schedule and how your body is feelin

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
losing that much weight that fast is gonna make you lose some muscle / not bin able to put on any mucle. Eating clean and cutting out liquor and other bullshyt drinks consistently is gonna be a big part of that.

As long as you pacing yourself right and don't overdue it so you wont get reinjured, you should be good. id do more low intensity cardio but that depends on ya schedule and how your body is feelin
Im actually ok with losing some muscle honestly

In fact, i doubt that ill lose that much weight. Ive lost a lot of weight like that before but not that much. I was working out everyday basically and eating nothing but fruits really. It's honestly going to take awhile imo... Especially since i cant run.

But thats the goal. Trying to get to 175-180. Ill be happy with that. Thats my HS weight actually.

Thing is, really dont eat bad. I really dont eat at all actually. Ive only ate like once today and a protein shake. I barely drink shakes though so im starting back with that as well.

Hardest part will be the liquor. I dont drink all the time but when i do its a lot. I just want to lose my lil gut and tone though. So if i lose a lil muscle thats fine. I can get that back pretty easily

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Go buy a heart rate monitor to track your calories burned. Be cautious not to burn yourself out. You can do it.

I tell people I used to have aids because back in 2012 I got on a regimen where I burned either 1000 calories per session or did 5000 jumps with a jump rope. after about 30 days of doing it (yes every day, about 45-to an hour) i began drastically losing weight, I couldn't stop. I would force myself to eat 2 whoppers and fries and shyt because I was getting frail.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Go buy a heart rate monitor to track your calories burned. Be cautious not to burn yourself out. You can do it.

I tell people I used to have aids because back in 2012 I got on a regimen where I burned either 1000 calories per session or did 5000 jumps with a jump rope. after about 30 days of doing it (yes every day, about 45-to an hour) i began drastically losing weight, I couldn't stop. I would force myself to eat 2 whoppers and fries and shyt because I was getting frail.
I would love to jump rope for that long, but ive never been that good at it.

Plus, my leg issues range from the knee, tibia, and ankle in both legs so even that fukks me up.

But thats a great way to drop pounds. I remember the Hodgetwins said thats how they dropped all the fat before lifting to get swoll. I might try it though though, i just wish these legs werent fukked up

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
But ok, Day 2:

Didnt eat as clean... Didnt eat that bad though. I notice these days i work out and commute to work are gonna be tough.

Got home around 9am, immediately fell asleep, woke up at 4, was in the gym by 5, out by 7:30

I was tired af... I admitted i fukked around a lil in the beginning.

Did ony 600 weighted punches, and 600 gloved like i planned to. I think the workout yesterday had me tired for today... But thats good. I was forcing myself to keep my form but today was all about power shots.

In total, i did about 1300+ moderate-heavy shots. I could feel it in my forearm so i decided to chill a lil. Might go in tomorrow just to work on form but hitting the heavybag everyday isnt healthy. I wish there was a speedbag because im :wow: on the speedbag. No humblebrag either... Went into my fullbody routine after.

Did some planks about 3 sets of a minute

Supersetted triceps and deltoids (4 excercises in one) for about 75 reps per set (light weight)

Did about 3 sets of 20 reps for back (light weight)

Did the same for quads

Supersetted weighted calf raises with shoulder shrugs 2 sets of 25 (70lbs each hand) then I bounced.

Still didnt do everything i wanted but it was a decent workout. I guess i was tired either from yesterday's workout, out of shape, or just both.

Might go in tomorrow for a lil boxing just to work on form, maybe speed. Met some young dudes there that boxed too and they were pretty good. Good technique even though they were just boxing the bags. Glad to see young black dudes taking they self defense serious

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Yeah man this shyt is :beli:

But its only for 2 months i guess...:beli:

Scale already says i lost 2 pounds though:leon:

But yeah right:mjcry:
I'm giving a hot take but please tell me you are eating a balanced diet with the amount of volume you have described the first two training days.

If it's shakes and salads :sadcam:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I'm giving a hot take but please tell me you are eating a balanced diet with the amount of volume you have described the first two training days.

If it's shakes and salads :sadcam:
Like i said, i didnt eat bad but not that good today either.

I barely eat though. I had a few chicken sandwiches earlier, some chicken and a protein shake now, gonna have a chicken salad and another shake later tonight.

Not too many carbs so i can drop this fat. Drinking a lot of water as well

I kinda have to force myself to eat sometimes. I just forget

There's this wrap spot by my job but its always closed when i get off work. Im gonna probably go there and buy like $50 worth of subs and eat that for a week.

And like i said, this volume is only for 3... Maybe 4 days max. The rest are rest days or maybe abs/light cleans.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would love to jump rope for that long, but ive never been that good at it.

Plus, my leg issues range from the knee, tibia, and ankle in both legs so even that fukks me up.

But thats a great way to drop pounds. I remember the Hodgetwins said thats how they dropped all the fat before lifting to get swoll. I might try it though though, i just wish these legs werent fukked up
You have to start slow. Maybe 5 to 10 minutes. Jumping rope might actually fix your leg problems. It'll increase your bone density and it's easier on your joints your knees ankle and hip won't really hurt at all you're not doing box jumps or anything. The main reason you might have to start slow is due to rhythm. Your body takes a minute to get in the rhythm of jumping and holding your shyt together then your mentally timing the rope and physically jumping on time- there are mental, physically conscious and physically unconscious factors at play.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You could substitute jumping rope with high knees butt kicks and jumping jacks but it's not the same and they can be harder on you

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The best thing about a hr monitor plus digital jump rope is the different levels of motivation, especially when you get tired.

For instance I do 1000 calories, 1 hour or 5000 jumps. The funny thing is they all time out to equal each other. So when I looked at the rope and it says 2100 jumps I'm like :snoop: but I see I'm 25 mins into the workout and like :leon: only about 35 mins to go. Or I look and see I've burned 350 calories and get burned out ill look at the rope counter and see for instance 278 jumps and 7 mins I'll say "how quick can I get to 600 jumps" and push myself. Just keep rotating motivation and changing obstacles before I know it the workout is over.

When I was young I'd eat a whopper see that one whopper is 670 call and grab the rope