My New Thing Is Downloading And Reading Retro Gaming Magazines

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Gamefan had the best layouts, best color, hottest quality paper besides NextGen and extra anime. Lots of fan service

Last edited:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I was always EGM gang, but GameFan was like the Cadillac of game mags.
b8c6cf5a-eedf-4206-adcd-20827544fcc7_text.gif

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Was thinking about some old GamePro and Nintendo Power issues I had back in the early 2000s. Eventually stumbled onto this site and had my mind blown.:wow:

I’ve been trying to find these particular issues that I owned. All I remember from the GamePro one was that there was a Telken 4 preview and a Spider-Man The Movie Game preview in the Nintendo Power. Been about 20 years since I had those two magazines but as soon as I saw the pictures the memories started hitting me.:banderas: I started checking out other issues and almost fell down a rabbit hole. This shyt is like a time machine and the best part is they seem to have damn near every copy on here.:whoo:

This was slightly before my time but it’s crazy to think there was a time where all your video game infos and previews would come from a damn magazine that came out once a month.:ohhh:

I have a cardboard box full of OXM and game informer magazines from my childhood (07'-12) but I'd love to get some of those older copies of gamepro and tips and tricks:ohlawd:

so many memories:mjcry:

If anyone is interested, giant bomb had a series showing the demo discs that would come with these magazines, they came with interviews, b roll and other strange early 2000's content lost to time. I can't vouch for the new content since giant bomb changed a couple years ago but their older stuff, 2014-17 is still really good. A time capsule with some commentary.

for free on archive.org

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reading gaming magazines back in the day was always cool, shame print media - mags in particular - are going/have gone the way of the dodo because the era of internet video game journalism is assssssssssss.