my LG CX won't turn on...need help brehs

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
bought the 55' model back in feb & today it just turned off and won't turn back on...did basic troubleshooting and called LG but was hoping the brehs on here could help me out

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
don't think so...other device are plugged into the same socket with no problems but I'll go check

edit - I did have a short in the kitchen yesterday but the TV wasn't bothered by it at all throughout yesterday & up until this problem now

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mine actually did something similar and it turned out to be a update. I unplugged it, let it sit and the plugged it into a different outlet (that part shouldn't matter technically) and then when I plugged it back up and started it, it took a min and came one with the update message

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
You went raw into the wall or did you have a power strip?

got it plugged into a outlet extender

Mine actually did something similar and it turned out to be a update. I unplugged it, let it sit and the plugged it into a different outlet (that part shouldn't matter technically) and then when I plugged it back up and started it, it took a min and came one with the update message

will unplug it for a couple of hours & see

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
bought the 55' model back in feb & today it just turned off and won't turn back on...did basic troubleshooting and called LG but was hoping the brehs on here could help me out
LG sent a TV repair company to my place when the HDMI ports on my C9 stopped working. They swapped out the main board and it was all good. It only took them a few days to set it all up and get it done.

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
left it unplugged throughout the night...still nothing, gonna chill before I call LG again to get a repair crew to come out but my guess is since it's the weekend, won't be able to get something til Monday smh

dont ever run an expensive tv raw through the outlet

I got it on a Panasonic outlet extender...that good or nah :lupe:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
left it unplugged throughout the night...still nothing, gonna chill before I call LG again to get a repair crew to come out but my guess is since it's the weekend, won't be able to get something til Monday smh

I got it on a Panasonic outlet extender...that good or nah :lupe:
im not familiar with that, but if it does not say that it offers surge protection, then no, it is not good enough. you need a device that will take a dramatic spike in electricity before it can touch the tv. my mom lost a sony tv because she didnt have surge protection