My apartment flooded in Atlanta

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Long story short, a pipe burst on the 3rd floor above me, and flooded the unit above me and mine (I’m on the 1st floor).

Paid to get all my stuff out but now I gotta submit a property claim. All the furniture is fukked and some of the clothes (even though water didn’t get directly on them they smell crazy).

What do I need to tell them to get the most $$ back? As far as listing the brands, year, details of items etc. my max payout is sumn crazy like 15k

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Long story short, a pipe burst on the 3rd floor above me, and flooded the unit above me and mine (I’m on the 1st floor).

Paid to get all my stuff out but now I gotta submit a property claim. All the furniture is fukked and some of the clothes (even though water didn’t get directly on them they smell crazy).

What do I need to tell them to get the most $$ back? As far as listing the brands, year, details of items etc. my max payout is sumn crazy like 15k

If you haven't already, you should be photographing anything you want replaced.

Any electronics or valuable shyt, even if you don't have the receipt snap it, try to find the original retailer or what it's worth now.

I.e. I have an $800 camera, the store I bought it from no longer exists and I don't have the receipt but if I look online I can find many sites showing it's still worth $800

And who is laying you out? The apartment company or renters insurance?

Geode

All Star
Daps
List EVERYTHING, no matter how big or small. And itemize like crazy with prices or receipts. Don't assume it's not covered. My plants died due to a weather event that caused house damage and I got it covered.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The same shyt happened to one of my spots around last year. I remember I made a thread about it. Fat bytch was cooking bacon at 2am and fell asleep and started a fire. It set off the sprinklers in my unit. It took them about a month to fix everything. I think the first week was just them drying everything out with humidifiers and shyt.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
0vDhq9i.jpeg

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I got renters insurance so I stayed in a hotel for 2 weeks and they reimbursed me. Basically all my furniture, most of my clothes and some work stuff got damaged.

Tbh some of it is old. Just tryna get the most $$ I can so I can refurnish the new place. Already paid a grip to move and had to take a week off work. Ofc these white folks don’t give a damn so I need to do it right so I don’t get fcked over twice.

Already got an itemized list with items and measurements.