Music industry plant - Tommy Richman: Million Dollar Baby

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

I know most of y’all ain’t messing with him because of what you think he is due to how big his song popped off but he just dropped a hella dope album. For those who are messing with him, he did his thing with this.

Wait this guy didn’t put “Million Dollar Baby” and “Devil Is A Lie” on this :dahell:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
As a bedroom tree producer, its the wave to add compresses and limits to tracks. It's weird but its gives off that warmth cassette tape deck vibe that somehow works.

Its leagues better than the "super producer" days of adding a lot of shyt to a track that just needs a tweak in the eqs.
I've been mixing 20 plus years. Compression and limiters are normal in every track but too much compression makes everything loud but flat. My main issue is the lack of eq-ing in the songs.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I've been mixing 20 plus years. Compression and limiters are normal in every track but too much compression makes everything loud but flat. My main issue is the lack of eq-ing in the songs.

Breh we in the era where a whole album can be made off of a smart phone :francis:

No different from when Beats By The Pound had to pump out tracks for those No Limit albums and P basically told KLC "mannnn nikkas in the hood don't have good speakers"

Basically hit the "make my beats fakkit". Hell, it's bad enough music in general isnt profitable unless you got a label and the machine to do such things. Bad mixing or no mixing, the train can't stop :manny:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Breh we in the era where a whole album can be made off of a smart phone :francis:

No different from when Beats By The Pound had to pump out tracks for those No Limit albums and P basically told KLC "mannnn nikkas in the hood don't have good speakers"

Basically hit the "make my beats fakkit". Hell, it's bad enough music in general isnt profitable unless you got a label and the machine to do such things. Bad mixing or no mixing, the train can't stop :manny:
Dude's song is everywhere, whoever is backing him could afford mixing

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Wait this guy didn’t put “Million Dollar Baby” and “Devil Is A Lie” on this :dahell:
I think that’s dope actually. The song is going to do what it is going to do. I also think it’s a testament to his artistry. I feel like it’s a move to show all the fly by night listeners this is what I’m about, don’t just focus on this one big record. Not like they aren’t going to eat off the song regardless and I’m sure there will end up being a deluxe or something.

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
I don’t think in any way they just didn’t mix it. I believe he’s very hands on and intentional about his sound, so don’t see this as just a lapse of process. It’s different for me though cause I’ve been listening to him, so it vibes like it’s been vibing.

It’s a much longer convo though and I respect your position but sometimes those things play into the artists sound.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not supposed to be mixed

The "Phonk" sound being emulated for the song is based on early 90s Memphis Rap. One of it's defining features is how gritty and unmixed it sounds

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Definitely won’t listen but how does he not put his two lead singles on here?