Moxcula signs 5-Year Extension with AEW

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
you could argue he's a bigger star than Moxley, Cody had 2 different shows on Turner besides AEW, doubt we see the network trust Mox for any of that shyt
Mox seems like the type of guy who doesn't care about doing anything other than wrestling, so I don't imagine he would be interested even if Warner came directly to him to pitch it.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
You’re letting his current E run blind you. Cody wasn’t it at the time. Dude was getting massive go away Heat before he left. I’m far from a Mox fan but he’s definitely more popular than Cody was in AEW.
Cody clearly hated Stardust before he left the E.

Even when he increased his stock by latching on to Bullet Club at the perfect time, he was not above Chris Jericho, CM Punk (lol), and Ambrose

Also, Cody did the shows because he is a politician, and wanted to increase his visibility.

Nobody is clamoring for reality TV, or for him or his wife to host a game show. He used his leverage when he had it, until he had more leverage by jumping ship.

I respect the opportunism, in a way.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Cody clearly hated Stardust before he left the E.

Even when he increased his stock by latching on to Bullet Club at the perfect time, he was not above Chris Jericho, CM Punk (lol), and Ambrose

Also, Cody did the shows because he is a politician, and wanted to increase his visibility.

Nobody is clamoring for reality TV, or for him or his wife to host a game show. He used his leverage when he had it, until he had more leverage by jumping ship.

I respect the opportunism, in a way.
The jury is still out on Cody being a star. The injury killed his momentum, but it might even be a blessing in disguise if this mu fukka gets a massive pop at the Rumble.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Mox seems like the type of guy who doesn't care about doing anything other than wrestling, so I don't imagine he would be interested even if Warner came directly to him to pitch it.

if you're gonna be THE guy in a company, you gotta do whatever it takes to get the company exposure. Cena and Miz will show up on any TV show or talk show that'll help get their face out there in a positive way.

The jury is still out on Cody being a star. The injury killed his momentum, but it might even be a blessing in disguise if this mu fukka gets a massive pop at the Rumble.

definitely a blessing in disguise

1. he didn't get stale or overexposed so he still retains some of that "new" feeling
2. the toughness he showed gutting through that injury is now legendary and probably won over some people who weren't that into him before
3. it sets up a big return at the perfect time for Mania season

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
if you're gonna be THE guy in a company, you gotta do whatever it takes to get the company exposure. Cena and Miz will show up on any TV show or talk show that'll help get their face out there in a positive way.
I don’t disagree. AEW in general seems to be lacking in top tier clean cut, media friendly type people in the men’s division. How many of these guys do you think could go on a major media outlet and carry a 10-minute or longer segment or go on an podcast for 20+ minutes and stay interesting? MJF could it it for sure, but who else? And how many of these other guys are legitimate world title/main event level wrestlers?

Christian, Jericho and Danielson? They are going to be retired within the next few years. Starks? Probably could, never seen him give an interview though. Anthony Bowens can do it, but he’s got a long way to go in singles competition. Max Caster isn't going anywhere as a singles talent. Wardlow has the look but not the personality while Adam Cole has the personality but not the look. Miro’s accent holds him back. Keith Lee is just weird and Kenny Omega are just weird . Hangman ain’t it. Ethan Page has gone nowhere in AEW but could probably easily do the outside stuff. Eddie Kingston a fat bytch while CM Punk looks like a drug addict.

They very clearly have at least two in the women’s division that could do it in Jade and Britt.

Last edited:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I don’t disagree. AEW in general seems to be lacking in top tier clean cut, media friendly type people in the men’s division. How many of these guys do you think could go on a major media outlet and carry a 10-minute or longer segment or go on an podcast for 20+ minutes and stay interesting? MJF could it it for sure, but who else? And how many of these other guys are legitimate world title/main event level wrestlers?

Christian, Jericho and Danielson? They are going to be retired within the next few years. Starks? Probably could, never seen him give an interview though. Anthony Bowens can do it, but he’s got a long way to go in singles competition. Max Caster isn't going anywhere as a singles talent. Wardlow has the look but not the personality while Adam Cole has the personality but not the look. Miro’s accent holds him back. Keith Lee is just weird and Kenny Omega are just weird . Hangman ain’t it. Ethan Page has gone nowhere in AEW but could probably easily do the outside stuff. Eddie Kingston a fat bytch while CM Punk looks like a drug addict.

They very clearly have at least two in the women’s division that could do it in Jade and Britt.

The answer to this is Swerve Strickland.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
The answer to this is Swerve Strickland.
True, he has his own podcast actually. Forgot about that. I just don't really see him posting about interviews and stuff like that. I'm really looking forward to his heel work coming up, but don't think he can be "the man" of the company.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
You’re letting his current E run blind you. Cody wasn’t it at the time. Dude was getting massive go away Heat before he left. I’m far from a Mox fan but he’s definitely more popular than Cody was in AEW.
Cody was the face of AEW the first 2 years.

First face you saw when the Pandemic started was his.

Who Shaq wanted to work with? Cody