Moving to LA, what do I need to know...

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It's gonna take you the better part of an hour to make that trip from LA to Rancho Cucamonga. You'd be better off movind to West Covina or Pomona somewhere by them areas.

I was looking at pomona, corona, and pasadena...

To an extent i can make my hours because its more of a liaison/advisor type of role.

If i can stay around that 1200 range that would be perfect

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
The job is in Rancho Cucamonga...but I'm not gonna live there:childplease:

Don't care if I have a somewhat lengthy commute but I heard LA Freeways are notorious.

Sheeeeeeeit, nicca you ain't movin' to LA then. It will take you FOR.EV.ER to get to work if you plan on living in L.A. and communting to Rancho Cucamonga. Naw, you need to live in Riverside or some chit...

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels
I was looking at pomona, corona, and pasadena...

To an extent i can make my hours because its more of a liaison/advisor type of role.

If i can stay around that 1200 range that would be perfect

I was saying Pomona becuz you'll be able to get out to work a little bit easier and take care of business and it'll only be like a 30 minute drive from LA. You saying the traffic don't matter but trust me it will.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Sheeeeeeeit, nicca you ain't movin' to LA then. It will take you FOR.EV.ER to get to work if you plan on living in L.A. and communting to Rancho Cucamonga. Naw, you need to live in Riverside or some chit...

Ranchos like 20 miles outside la right?

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels

:heh: You need to do more research breh. It's 20 miles just to make it by the 610 freeway from LA.

That 20 miles could easily turn to an hour and ahalf on a bad day. Then you got about another 35 to 45 miles after that.

Bottom line is it will take over 60 minutes to get there.

Crakface

Daps
Reppin
L.A
Try 40 miles. :russ:

Best things to know though.

1. Gas money is a bytch. 4 something per gallon
2. Live as close to work as possible to save money
3. Live close to the freeway to shorten your commute to work
4. Stay away from women with overly arched eyebrows/animal print/bangle earings/ weird hair color/ odd body piercings
5. Stay out the hood unless you're spending money, or you live there
6. Explore the city. Go to events/places that cater to your hobbies.
7. Learn what North, South, East, West means as it relates to what direction you're driving
8. Learn how the freeways connect to one another
9. Dont talk shyt to the cops. Dont admit to anything when you get pulled over. Plead not guilty in court and hope the cop didnt show up.(they'll let you change your plea if he did show up)
10. Know where to take women for cheap price. (getty center) for example
11. Take women to the sky lounge at the Bonaventure Hotel (rotating lounge with STIFF drinks for reasonable prices)
12. Dont wear loud ass blue and red colors unless you're in a soft city
13. Dont fukk with mexicans with tattoos on their face or cowboy hats
14. Clubs close at 2am
15. West hollywood is full of faggits
16. Havana Mania in Redondo Beach serves good cuban chicken and has a nice jazz band
17. Take notice of rules regarding parking when you're in a neighborhood you do not know. Some areas dont allow you to be on the block on certain days where there is a street sweeper
18. Go to the Roscoe Chicken and Waffles off Pico
19. The Beverly Center is the expensive mall where everyone goes to floss. Fox Hills is the black mall where you hunt :shaq:
20. Call your mother.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
N
:heh: You need to do more research breh. It's 20 miles just to make it by the 610 freeway from LA.

That 20 miles could easily turn to an hour and ahalf on a bad day. Then you got about another 35 to 45 miles after that.

Bottom line is it will take over 60 minutes to get there.

Lol aiight la area might have been more appropriate i suppose. But im looking to live west of rancho closer to la. Like if i could be 20 miles in between. Im gonna visit a few times before so i and the company cqn insue id be q good fit for the role.

Last edited:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Yeah @Crakface, when we went out to LA in 08, we went to the Roscoe's on Pico.

When we left, we saw some Mexicans on the corner, waitin on a truck to hop in to do some work. I had heard about Mexicans doin that, but had never seen it til that day:heh:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Try 40 miles. :russ:

Best things to know though.

1. Gas money is a bytch. 4 something per gallon
2. Live as close to work as possible to save money
3. Live close to the freeway to shorten your commute to work
4. Stay away from women with overly arched eyebrows/animal print/bangle earings/ weird hair color/ odd body piercings
5. Stay out the hood unless you're spending money, or you live there
6. Explore the city. Go to events/places that cater to your hobbies.
7. Learn what North, South, East, West means as it relates to what direction you're driving
8. Learn how the freeways connect to one another
9. Dont talk shyt to the cops. Dont admit to anything when you get pulled over. Plead not guilty in court and hope the cop didnt show up.(they'll let you change your plea if he did show up)
10. Know where to take women for cheap price. (getty center) for example
11. Take women to the sky lounge at the Bonaventure Hotel (rotating lounge with STIFF drinks for reasonable prices)
12. Dont wear loud ass blue and red colors unless you're in a soft city
13. Dont fukk with mexicans with tattoos on their face or cowboy hats
14. Clubs close at 2am
15. West hollywood is full of faggits
16. Havana Mania in Redondo Beach serves good cuban chicken and has a nice jazz band
17. Take notice of rules regarding parking when you're in a neighborhood you do not know. Some areas dont allow you to be on the block on certain days where there is a street sweeper
18. Go to the Roscoe Chicken and Waffles off Pico
19. The Beverly Center is the expensive mall where everyone goes to floss. Fox Hills is the black mall where you hunt :shaq:
20. Call your mother.

:lupe:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
N

Lol aiight la area might have been more appropriate i suppose. But im looking to live west of rancho closer to la. Like if i could be 20 miles in between. Im gonna visit a few times before so i and the company cqn insue id be q good fit for the role.
that traffic shyt is very real breh. people stay getting into accidents, and people just be driving like retards out there. listen to them about that travel time

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I moved from there to Houston about a year ago. I haven't been back out since January.
I got some family out there that can put you on tho. I'll have my sister let you move in with her so you can get established, just gotta watch out for her gangbanging baby daddy.

I heard the weather in Houston is :whew: