Movies that you thought were classic but you realize were actually corny and trash in retrospect

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
i got caught up in the Internet hype with these 2... watched them recently like 2x each and didnt feel the same

No Country for Old Men

There Will Be Blood
Bro the end of no country killed that whole movie for me

There will be blood is fukking wack...I watched it off the hype of sohh I think

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Ninja Turtles III.

I loved that shyt as a kid, and had no idea how unwatchable it was. I'm fukkin offended.

I have a feeling i'll feel that way about the first avengers film in some years, but i'll let someone else go in
Nah that turtles shyt was wack to me as a kid

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Crash

this shyt dropped when i was like a young teen first experiencing racism in life so seeing a movie like that had a lot of us fooled then watching it back after a few years and seeing how over the top and cheesy the whole movie is. that shyt is unwatchable. and i see how quick the world turned on it :pachaha:

The only one flick I can co-sign in this thread.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
Crash

this shyt dropped when i was like a young teen first experiencing racism in life so seeing a movie like that had a lot of us fooled then watching it back after a few years and seeing how over the top and cheesy the whole movie is. that shyt is unwatchable. and i see how quick the world turned on it :pachaha:
How quickly the world turned on it ? Do tell, breh :patrice:

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
that shyt won the Oscar or whatever the fukk that year and now its just a movie thats never mentioned
Corny and trash tho ? Movies like 15 years old and I'm not sure of a flick comparable to it. Not sure why it'd still be talked about, it got its award(s?) and acclaim. Was good then and could use something similar today given our current social climate:yeshrug: