Movies that could work as a TV series

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Kill Bill Prequel TV Series
Heat - Young Neil McCauley
Jason Bourne but not Jason Bourne - The training programmes like Treadstone & Blackbriar. Call it Special Activities Division
The Devils Advocate - Each Season has a different character being tempted by Satan

Just got green lit on USA, its called Treadstone

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Netflix's Bright. Definitely could have fleshed out the universe with a show's format.
I scrolled through this list to see if anyone was going to mention that. That movie would have worked MUCH better as a backdoor pilot for a TV series.

After all, the Alien Nation movie worked better as a TV service. And I think (other than the star), the "Blade" TV series was better than the movies. Some of these stories work better when worldbuilding is filled in a little at a time.

Here's a good one I though of:
Image "The Matrix" as a TV series, except if the audience was kept in the dark about the fact that it's a computer simulation for, let's say, 3/4 of the first season? So you watch a pilot about an office worker that starts encountering increasingly weird and supernatural phenomena, while being followed by MIB style secret agents, but he has no idea why? And if there really showed you the life that the common person lived, while catching glimpses of TV news broadcasts about terrorist groups hacking the IRS database?

You think you're watching a "Mr Robot"-style lunatic having hallucinations, then hours into it he gets grabbed by Morpheus?
Of course, half the fans at that point would start ranting and raving about the show "jumping the shark", but who cares?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Kill Bill Prequel TV Series
Heat - Young Neil McCauley
Jason Bourne but not Jason Bourne - The training programmes like Treadstone & Blackbriar. Call it Special Activities Division
The Devils Advocate - Each Season has a different character being tempted by Satan

Needful Things.
The Incredibles, of course
Tin Tin would work in that style of animation to redo the old Serge books a la HBO
Black Dynamite but it would be expensive.
Now You See Me
Big Fish - pretty much How I Met Your Mother
Spaceball: The Series - Milk the Cow Dry
Thank You for Smoking

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Cloverfield
Dark Tower
John Carter
Resident Evil
Blade Runner [77]
The Brother's Grimm

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I scrolled through this list to see if anyone was going to mention that. That movie would have worked MUCH better as a backdoor pilot for a TV series.

After all, the Alien Nation movie worked better as a TV service. And I think (other than the star), the "Blade" TV series was better than the movies. Some of these stories work better when worldbuilding is filled in a little at a time.

Here's a good one I though of:
Image "The Matrix" as a TV series, except if the audience was kept in the dark about the fact that it's a computer simulation for, let's say, 3/4 of the first season? So you watch a pilot about an office worker that starts encountering increasingly weird and supernatural phenomena, while being followed by MIB style secret agents, but he has no idea why? And if there really showed you the life that the common person lived, while catching glimpses of TV news broadcasts about terrorist groups hacking the IRS database?

You think you're watching a "Mr Robot"-style lunatic having hallucinations, then hours into it he gets grabbed by Morpheus?
Of course, half the fans at that point would start ranting and raving about the show "jumping the shark", but who cares?

:wow: Man that would be dope as fukk.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The Matrix "water cooler" speculation each week would make this bigger than LOST in the first two seasons. But it would only work in a world where the idea of an artificial environment (Dark City, Truman show, etc.) wasn't already a cliché.

I think they should still try it. Despite what you say and The Matrix being iconic good writers could make it work.