Movie plots that probably wouldn't work today

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
"Overboard" was on last night. Heck, it's always on.

Even if the "wife" had forgiven him after recovering her memory, Kurt Russell's character would still have been charged for kidnapping or some other domestic charge by the state. Also, by law, he raped her.

Coming to America: Lisa would Google Zamunda out of curiosity and discover Akeem's real identity.:jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Even if the "wife" had forgiven him after recovering her memory, Kurt Russell's character would still have been charged for kidnapping or some other domestic charge by the state. Also, by law, he raped her.

Coming to America: Lisa would Google Zamunda out of curiosity and discover Akeem's real identity.:jbhmm:

And guess what’s getting a remake? Overboard lol
With the demolition aspect and whats going on in todays world, probably fight club would be tough for a major studio to greenlight

I think fight club would work because I’d say even more today we’re still having the same issues the movie brought up in 99. The movie is all about faux masculinity and consumerism and the bullshyt in the media and “you are not your things” but also how a toxic masculinity can lead you into thinking the world is yours and you can do whatever you want.

Anyway my answer is bill and teds excellent adventure. Can’t use a phone booth as a time travel device

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps

i know i am late but these reservations got me questioning whose bright idea it was to do a re-make...even switching sexes and social dynamics the story is hell problematic