Mother's Day vs. Father's Day

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
Fathers should be celebrated like Christmas.

The stats don't favor the fatherless when it comes to success in life.

Truth hurts

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i may be the exception to the rule. but my girl and my parents do it up for me fathers day

nothing crazy but i get a free dinner and a best buy gift card

will be purchasing yeezus and jcole on my parents accord

and my girl lets me fukk her in the ass

:lawd:

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What about the moms that don't handle theirs tho? I shouldn't be looked at like a scumbag because i didn't think to get my mother anything but go on like Father's Day is another day like its nothing. Lol I remember One year my mom went on a tirade talking about she expects a gift because she deserved it because she's a mother. I couldn't hit her with the :beli: :shaq2: face fast enough

I feel like the same goes for them too. Both parents are equally as inportant but our society favors mothers more than fathers unfortunately.

I feel like parents can start deserving shyt when they start being a part of their kids lives.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Most people don't really like their fathers, not too mention the commercial push for Mother's Day. In fact, I believe the creator of Mother's Day, started to hate her creation because of what it was becoming. :manny:

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Don't need a day to validate me as a father... Doesn't matter to me if I get anything or not.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
I've noticed this and was actually talking to my barber about it....

I don't need or want a gift for father's day.....but it's clear on is held to a higher standard than the other...

concise

Veteran
Daps
Yeah asking my dad what he wants is like pulling teeth because he'll always say nothing.

But just because they don't want physical gifts doesn't mean we ignore the holiday all together

Well, as far as I can see, Father's Day will always be second fiddle to Mother's Day because it's centered around men.

Of all the things people like to call feminine on this board, to me, a guy complaining about this looks very feminine. :manny: It's like having a garden and growing the plants in it. You take care of it but some plants will require more watering than others.

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Yeah I'll admit I don't really hear men complain about the difference. But I think it's because it's not in their nature to complain about stuff like gifts.

Tbh I side eye even mothers when they want people to go out for them on Mother's Day. I understand wanting a day to reflect and being appreciated, but its kinda off putting to demand gifts. My dad knows I'm a broke college student but my mom gets all offended when I only can get like a card and spend only about $20

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
It's simple really, most men don't care about being brought/bought gifts, being celebrated, adulation in general, and so on...
There you have it. Women and children need praise and attention for everything they do, not men.

I'm no father, but if I was, my kids can show their appreciation for me by generally respecting me and taking the lessons I give them to heart, rather than making a big fuss once a year. If they don't do that no amount of giftcards and powertools can make up for it.