Mother's Day vs. Father's Day

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
I know yall have noticed the difference between Mother's Day and Father's Day treatment. Mother's Day is on a scale like Christmas, Easter, and New Years, while Father's Day is down there with like flag day and Arbor Day and whatnot.
:scusthov:

Do you think this discrepancy is warranted?:lupe:

Coli dads how do y'all feel about it?

Personally, I think it's sad. I understand "deadbeat dads" but the ones that actually do what they're supposed don't get enough credit and deserve more than the big piece of chicken.

What do y'all think? :ld:

ETA: even the Mother's Day phrase got a link and Father's Day didn't smh

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Gottdamn. I am at a BBQ with a bunch of fathers and they happened to mention the exact same thing. Said Father's Day is treated worse than Presidents' Day.

Sent from my iPhone 7S using Tapatalk

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Gottdamn. I am at a BBQ with a bunch of fathers and they happened to mention the exact same thing. Said Father's Day is treated worse than Presidents' Day.

Sent from my iPhone 7S using Tapatalk

:heh: Father's Day don't get even get the sales at furniture stores like Presidents' Day

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
I think some of that might be due to people having more respect for women in the physical aspect, who decided to go through with pregnancy AND childbirth, regardless of the outcome. It's a combination of things; you literally make the promise to bring forth life.

:leon:

I might be talking out the ass but who knows.

concise

Veteran
Daps
It's simple really, most men don't care about being brought/bought gifts, being celebrated, adulation in general, and so on...

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Yeah asking my dad what he wants is like pulling teeth because he'll always say nothing.

But just because they don't want physical gifts doesn't mean we ignore the holiday all together

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
hey man....

im expectin gifts

i need a fendi belt

and a reup of my versace cologne

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:manny: it bees like that. It's unfortunate for the fathers who are actually taking care of their offspring. But for the rest of them that don't, it's just another day to their children.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Tell your kids and your Bm/girlfriend/wife/whatever.

Happy Father's Day tho :manny:

i appreciate it

i dont like asking for gifts

if i get them i know who loves me

truth be told a card would mean just as much to me

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
:manny: it bees like that. It's unfortunate for the fathers who are actually taking care of their offspring. But for the rest of them that don't, it's just another day to their children.

What about the moms that don't handle theirs tho? I shouldn't be looked at like a scumbag because i didn't think to get my mother anything but go on like Father's Day is another day like its nothing. Lol I remember One year my mom went on a tirade talking about she expects a gift because she deserved it because she's a mother. I couldn't hit her with the :beli: :shaq2: face fast enough

H@LLOW

All green everything
Supporter
Daps
As a dad myself, I have to c/s this.