Most Important Fighting Games. Inspired By JuvenilleHell

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Im going to try to rank these. We can do it together!

1. SF IV (literally revived a damn near dying genre that wasnt too popular in the 1st place; and MADE it popular. No argument)
  2. SF II (inspired most, if not all fighting game franchises we know today)
  3. MK 2011 (inspired fighters in terms of both story AND fan service; also has a hand in reviving the fighter genre)
  4. MK 1 (introduced juggles and the first secret character AKA GOAT fighting game character ; Reptile. Also inspired MANY clones, including KI; which is a damn good franchise itself. Not o mention the violence was groundbreaking)
  5. SF III : 3rd Strike (probably the best playing fighting game in history; top 5 off that alone)

Care to do the next 5? Maybe we can rearrange the top 5 hmmmmmmm

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I got to say some of the team-based games like MvC2, which also had some advanced mechanics like air dashing and 8-way air movement (weren't the first game to do it but threw it there to complete the game).

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
#1 street fighter 2

You can't even make a traditional fighter that doesn't use or reference moves and motions.

#2 mortal Kombat

Basically the reasons the rating system got created.

#3 virtual fighter

Same reason as sf2

#4 x men vs street

The 1st major cross over game and it birthed a sub genre of its own.

#5 soul calibur 2

Premier weapon base fighter

Honorable mention 3s

#evo moment

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'd replace 3S with darkstalkers, darkstalkers chains and it's style of play inspired the versus series and the entire subgenre of fighters that we call anime fighters.

I think Tekken deserves credit for what it did for 3d fighters but I don't know if you'd replace MK1 with it :jbhmm:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Dragon ball z budokai tenkaichi 3

It taught companies how to make money by pressing ctrl+c and then ctrl+v to sell a game with over 150 playable characters :gladbron: