Mos Def & Talib Kweli Are Blackstar Album Appreciation Thread

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
This album was an absolute classic :wow: I still play "respiration" to this day. What happend to Rawkus :damn: We need more albums like this

Blackstar
Mos Def
Talib
Pharoe Monch
Hi-Tek

All had dope releases on Rawkus :salute:

the kid

Real Esquire, Not the Magazine
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Dope as hell til this day. This and Black on both sides are some albums that definitely shaped my life.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This album is like a cult classic that was overshawdowed by so many amazing albums that came out in 98 but I remember the 1st time I heard it. I had just graduated and was getting ready to start my freshman year in College in September. I had heard "Definition" and then it was a wrap. There isn't a single weak song on this album. You can play it straight through. Hi Tek, J Rawls, 88 Keys, Genology and J Period came through on the production. "Respiration" is the best song on the album cause the beat and everyone comes through but it had so many great songs. This album really put me on to the whole Rawkus movement heavy in the late 90's. I will always have an appreciation for this album. Mos and Talib never quite topped it with their solo albums even though "Black on Both Sides" and "Train of Thought" are Classics in their own right. This joint brings me back to being 18 again:

Last edited by a moderator: