Mortal Kombat is 30 years old

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I remember when it came out, seeing it demonized on some talk show my mom was watching. Since i had good grades i was able to rent it, fun times.
I remember the craze of both MK and NBA Jam hitting the arcades when I was really young. Long lines like a midnight release to get a chance to pay to play a game. Wild

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Why wouldn't it get some homage since one game lead to the creation of the other :dahell:
They are both games under the MIDWAY umbrella :ufdup:

They was experiementing with using real people as in game sprites and it lead to Mortal Kombat
But before there was a Mortal Kombat, we all played this shyt like "Is this what the year 2000 is gonna be like :mindblown:"

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Why wouldn't it get some homage since one game lead to the creation of the other :dahell:
They are both games under the MIDWAY umbrella :ufdup:

They was experiementing with using real people as in game sprites and it lead to Mortal Kombat
But before there was a Mortal Kombat, we all played this shyt like "Is this what the year 2000 is gonna be like :mindblown:"

because pit fighter is a terrible game. its done by atari not midway, the games only similarity with mortal kombat are the digitized graphics

it was more of a boss rush mode on a beat em up than a fighter. a poorly controlled janky boss rush it had more in common with final fight than it did mortal kombat