Morehouse gets $9 million grant to study STEM success at HBCUs

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Are there any hbcus that include a stem curriculum?

off the top of my head, Tuskegee, Alabama A&M, NCAT, Prairie View, FAMU, Southern, etc it’s a whole lot more. Even ones without stem have partnerships with STEM schools.

Albany State, Fort Valley, Clark Atlanta & Morehouse have a partnership with Georgia Tech where kids can take their first two years of classes at their HBCU, and they finish up the high level STEM stuff at Tech.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Jackson State in Mississippi has a great deal of STEM programs, and between they and Mississippi State, they churn out a lot of brothers and sisters that are engineers as well. They just don’t stay in the state.

I remember going to my little bro’s graduation at Mississippi State 2 years ago. It’s a PWI, but I swear half of his graduating class was black. A lot of black folks on that campus, which means black folks in Mississippi, AL, TN, and Illinois are getting an education. The numbers don’t always reflect it, but we’re getting our education.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Maybe an ignorant question. But are these HBCU degrees respected in the work field?

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Maybe an ignorant question. But are these HBCU degrees respected in the work field?
They’re respected, as all these schools are accredited, and obtaining a STEM degree is tough as hell no matter where you go to school

Im speaking for my HBCU, but pretty much anywhere in NC; especially Greensboro and the Triad area, I can get an interview based off school name alone, as we have continuously produced quality STEM/engineering grads. I know it’s the same here in Atlanta for anyone coming from Morehouse/AUC.