Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (PC, Switch, PS4)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game is dope.... the battles are like Rock Paper Scissors but its actually kinda deep.

2-E1316-DA-6776-41-D2-BD04-DF384-ED81-E59.jpg

0-F420655-2-C89-410-C-9-D64-799-DAC8-D1-D3-A.jpg

7-BE864-E7-737-F-4901-842-A-F63947-D5-AD75.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game is fun as hell but its clear the switch needs better hardware at this point. This kind of killed my hype for a lot of the upcoming games i was gonna get on it also. This game looks good aesthetically but its not really telling me that its that graphically demanding, theres nothing going on that would make this struggle to lock 30fps but here we are...

The framerates are just downright horrible. They are constantly dipping into low 20’s or the teens. Battles and cutscenes are the worst, its like you can’t even appreciate the good combat sequences because of it. Then you have the resolution which is honestly garbage, its a dynamic 900p docked so this shyt is in a box on my tv and still looks stretched and pixelated af.

The actual game, graphics, music, story are all perfect though. I would say if you are someone that plays switch docked, wait until the pro or get this on PC, unless theres some significant patches on release

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Damn, its turn based?!!:mindblown:
I was getting hype af when i saw this thread smh:shaq2:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
81 metacritic

God is a Geek
(9.5/10):
Monster Hunter Stories 2 is a fantastic adventure filled to the brim with challenge, heart, and - most importantly - monsters.

Noisy Pixel (9/10):
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is an amazing JRPG that offers an exceptional monster collecting experience combined with a great story. The added narrative doesn't lose focus on what makes the Monster Hunter series so addictive and only enhances the experience. This game successfully built on the systems present in the original and improved them for a brand new adventure. While the performance can be questionable, I enjoyed every second of my time exploring the world with my Monsties by my side.

COGconnected (8.9/10):
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is the perfect example of a game I didn’t know I needed. It scratches the itch that Pokemon hasn’t been able to touch in years, all the while setting itself apart from the influences it drew from. While it may be limited in certain aspects by the Switch itself, there’s no denying that this one of the best games for the system in 2021.

Nintendo Life (8/10):
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin deserves to find a sizable audience. It's full of charm and boasts depth that can immerse the committed or be dabbled with by those eager to simply experience the story. As a blend of Monster Hunter with a traditional RPG approach it's an accomplished effort, and offers the sort of meaty experience that'll keep most players busy for weeks. Switch owners will need to tolerate some disappointing performance, unfortunately, but the overall experience shines nonetheless. It's a game of bright colours and wholehearted optimism, which is very welcome indeed.

Checkpoint Gaming (7/10):
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is somewhat imperfect, but the flaws don’t quite eclipse its strengths. Despite the annoying party AI and grind, the combat has the right level of tactical depth I would expect from a turn-based Monster Hunter game. With its adorable Monsties and a wide-open world to explore, gamers looking for a new JRPG to dive into can certainly do a lot worse. As long as you are prepared for some irritating supporting cast members and a somewhat repetitive gameplay loop, fans of the monster-collecting genre will get a lot out of this game.

Gaming Nexus (7/10):
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is a mixed bag. Hatching and maxing out your Monsties is a lot of fun, but the battle system in which you spend most of your time eventually wears out its welcome.