Monique issues a public apology to Oprah and Tyler Perry

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Monique is an interesting person.

The issue with her and so many other comedic artists is you have no idea what parts of who they present are who they are and what parts are a character.

My only real snag with Monique is that the only attention she seems to garner now is related to her talking about other people. Whether what she's saying is relevant or factual aside, none of what anyone seems to be is interested in relation to her is about her talents.

That doesn't seem like a long term strategy for success or growth.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Monique is an interesting person.

The issue with her and so many other comedic artists is you have no idea what parts of who they present are who they are and what parts are a character.

My only real snag with Monique is that the only attention she seems to garner now is related to her talking about other people. Whether what she's saying is relevant or factual aside, none of what anyone seems to be is interested in related to her is about her talents.

That doesn't seem like a long term strategy for success or growth.
its not

its the same issue with katt williams

20 years ago katt was on track to be what kevin hart ended up being

but his own personal demons derailed it...same ting with monique...there arent many female comics more talented than she is...but here she is....and its all her fault

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I’m still trippin’ on Mo’Nique getting so much attention and accolades. She never been funny at all.
breh...this is like saying you dont understand why people like chocolate ice cream.... :childplease:

it doesnt matter what or who you think it funny...there are billions of other people on earth besides you :gucci:

degu9089

All Star
Daps
Honestly I’m still trippin’ on Mo’Nique getting so much attention and accolades. She never been funny at all.
I’m trying to remember a single bit she has where Ive heard people reference in person, online or in memes. And the only thing that comes to mind is her calling Charlemagne “Lenard”.

degu9089

All Star
Daps
“Skinny bytches are evil”. was her well known bit for awhile
Must have been before my time. I vaguely remember her in Soul Plane as a TSA disparaging skinny people in general.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
This Greg Mathis

:childplease:
This shyt don’t got shyt to do with our “community” :childplease:
So tired of that fake problack, we worried about the community, coli talking point:childplease:
These are individuals of fame and fortune
If they want shyt out
So be it:childplease:
It’s real policies being made that I’m worried about
Inflation/economy and other shyt that’s more pressing than some gotdamn me comedians :childplease:

Daps
Reppin
Miami
That doesn’t sound like an apology to Oprah and TP with all that bleeping of the profanity and hand movements mimicking a hand job.

Edit: I don’t know what she was doing with her hands, but point still stands that this doesn’t sound like a real apology.