Model search agencies!!!

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
huh where did i say they have to pay for one? Of course the have spotters for models but an open casting saves money and time, BMG, IMG and Boss models all open castings, to think you can go there without a book is insane, one of the reasons the spotters got slowed down is because guys were making up cards and saying they were scouts looking for talent and taking advantage of these young girls. That is a fact, ask your friend about that.

Most of these supermodels you see on TV were spotted at one time. I'm sure to fill a Target ad in St. Louis, they might do an open call, but 90% of the top people you see were spotted. And regardless none of them had to pay. It's one thing to pay for a photobook, it's another to get hit with this scam.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
@talamak , post a pic of ur old lady. that would make it so the-coli as a collective can determine if she's model material.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's only two legitimate reasons to start a modeling company, to get money selling people dreams or...
:shaq:
I've seen both in my life time. Some of these girls really think they so special. I love seeing reality break their little spirits :russ:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
There's only two legitimate reasons to start a modeling company, to get money selling people dreams or...
:shaq:
I've seen both in my life time. Some of these girls really think they so special. I love seeing reality break their little spirits :russ:

All these 5'4" thick azz "models" :lolbron: Photographer takes a few photos, gets a few backshots and is out :heh:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I remember I was walking thru the mall like 12 years ago..a dude came up to me and said he was a modeling scout..he was like.. Hey man, you got the look, that type of style you're wearing is in right now..

I'm thinking, what does my clothing style have to do with any model features..:dwillhuh:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
I've seen a few females on the roads i want to make them into models, i think they got that star quality :steviej:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
I remember I was walking thru the mall like 12 years ago..a dude came up to me and said he was a modeling scout..he was like.. Hey man, you got the look, that type of style you're wearing is in right now..

I'm thinking, what does my clothing style have to do with any model features..:dwillhuh:

Probably wanted you for a hip hop fashion shoot or some sh*t :manny:

little4209

All Star
Daps
Then who pays for it :heh:

The agency does...if a true legitimate agency is interested in you, they will spend the money on you..it's called representation, they go out find you jobs, subtract prior costs spent, take their cut and then you'd start making money :yeshrug:

...actually a few weeks ago my brother got approached by someone..I told him that if they make you pay anything up front then to run...he never went to his scheduled meeting tho, since we googled them and all this scam stuff popped up:whew:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
The agency does...if a true legitimate agency is interested in you, they will spend the money on you..it's called representation, they go out find you jobs, subtract prior costs spent, take their cut and then you'd start making money :yeshrug:

...actually a few weeks ago my brother got approached by someone..I told him that if they make you pay anything up front then to run...he never went to his scheduled meeting tho, since we googled them and all this scam stuff popped up:whew:

Soooooooo you just proved my point. Thanx :heh:

YEAHitsHER

aggressive
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe that a legit modeling agency makes you pay for your portfolio.... I may be wrong.

They don't make you pay. If they really want you they will go as far as to get you a place to stay (with other chicks they have signed) pay for you portfolio, and give you an allowance to eat etc. they figure they will make back the money by "selling" you to magazines and other print ads

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

They don't make you pay. If they really want you they will go as far as to get you a place to stay (with other chicks they have signed) pay for you portfolio, and give you an allowance to eat etc. they figure they will make back the money by "selling" you to magazines and other print ads

Pretty much. They be stuffin' like 5-6 girls in a 2 bedroom in Miami :heh: